Spearing a bear

This entry was posted in Hunting, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Spearing a bear

1. rayvet says:

Y’all know what I do for a living. And I have no problem with hunting/fishing etc. despite doing this. However, I consider this to be unnecessarily cruel. While the hunting instinct still exists in most, if not all of us, let’s be realistic that hunting isn’t an absolute necessity in this day and age. Therefore, if we’re going to kill an animal, let’s at least make it as quick and pain free as possible. I don’t think this method fills that bill. I don’t judge this hunter and why he did what he did and I would welcome him to my camp at any time, BUT, I don’t think this is as humane as we could make hunting in this day and age.

• Mike says:

I agree. I hunt deer and elk every fall for my freezer. I have rifles, bows, and black powder and have used all three. Hunting over bait and all with a spear just doesn’t seem sporting. Kind of violates the ‘fair chase’ doctrine in my book. About as fair as “bull fighting”.

• kevinH says:

I agree, don’t see any reason to do it like that…and things like this just add fuel to the anti hunting fire.

2. Winston Smith says:

Now do it from the ground.

• DW says:

Go check out his you tube channel. He tries to spear a bear while on the ground and many other animals. Im not a huge fan of using the spear but the guy has some balls. Or maybe he is just nuts.

• Winston Smith says:

Dayum. I have no problem with this. Not really any different from archery given the skill level he exhibits.
        Color me Impressed.

3. Critter says:

Now do it with a flint point.

4. greatgeezer1 says:

Say what you will, but I bet that guy has problems walking, what with his balls smashing against the ground and all.

5. Frank says:

That bear was dead in seconds! He had one shot at it and if he fucks up that bear was up that trees but fast. I don’t have a problem with it. I would like to see some hunting of muzzies over bait, like a pig race with alla dolls riding the pigs from behind! With a little advertising to get the word out that the event was going to happen, I recon we could draw a good crowd of hunters and the muzzles couldn’t help but come running up guns blazing all pissed off! Might be fun just saying…..

6. Jack says:

I’m pretty sure human beings hunted this way for much longer than bows or gunpowder was around, what “primitive” culture doesn’t use the spear? This is completely normal for a human to hunt a giant animal with a spear. Really primitive hunting should be encouraged. If you can’t hunt ducks with a full capacity shotgun, then why is this a problem? All wild animals die and it’s usually not a pleasant death, like the deer that gets picked off by a cougar who doesn’t kill it right away and just incapacitated it’s kill while it drags it off to eat the deer slowly while it’s still alive, I think the spear is very humane and if you don’t like it then move to another planet where hominids haven’t hunted this way for many millennia