Fuck Levis – I wear Wranglers anyways

In November 2016, I wrote an open letter requesting that gun owners not bring firearms into our stores, offices, or facilities, even in states where it’s permitted by law. This was following an incident in one of our stores in which a customer accidentally shot and injured himself while trying on a pair of jeans. While that was bad, it could have been worse: The bullet could have killed him, another customer, or one of our employees.

In the days after I published that letter, I received threats to our stores, our business, and even on my life. It was unsettling. But these personal attacks pale in comparison to the threats that activists and survivors from Parkland, Sandy Hook, and daily incidents of gun violence face every time they speak up on this issue.

This entry was posted in Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Fuck Levis – I wear Wranglers anyways

1. Dav says:

What happens if a person dies of a Heart Attack in a Levis store? Ban Fat people? Old People? They can’t just sit by and do nothing can they?

2. Dav: True story. Iss fer da chillrunn!

BTW, Mr. Bergh: Wranglers says “Howdy! And, Thanks!”

3. sa says:

add em to the list with nike……….man when is the right going to use the boycott powe rthe left have been using for years??? we could really fuck some companies up

4. CC says:

I wear cargo shorts or pants, rarely jeans.
    Much better for carrying a .380 in my pocket when traveling light..

5. Bad_Brad says:

A sad feeble and tone deaf attempt at increasing market share. Which currently comfortably rests at zero. Nobody buys that Mexican made junk anymore. Carhartt!

6. brighteyes says:

I once threw my back out trying on a pair a jeans. I almost shit on the dressing room floor. I could have had Aides. I could have had Hepatitis, I could have had infected the next customer or the clean up crew. Yep, could have.

7. Ed says:

Anybody have a contact email for the powers that be? I’d like to let them know I continue to boycott their products.

8. enn ess says:

And once again quoting falsehoods and ill conceived and distorted facts. Read Phd. John R. Lotts book(s) and many other’s, all proving these stated “facts” simply are not true.
    It ain’t for da chillrunn it’s for their control, their parents are beyond reason, they are simply fodder for the grinder, to be disposed of post haste.

9. Bob T. says:

Haven’t bought a pair of Levi’s in years, except for the occasional pair I find at discount retailers such as Ross, TJMaxx, etc. Poor value: “made in ‘murica” prices for Mexican/Chinese/Vietnamese/Bangladesh quality. Egyptian is the best of the lot, and harder to find. Gave up years ago and buy the Sam’s Club and Costco house brands. Better quality (thicker, more durable) denim at a price that reflects country of manufacture more accurately. I’d gladly pay a premium for clothing made by my “tribe”, but that’s not practical: the companies seem to go out of business as quickly as they open :-(.

Fck Levi Straus & Co., and any other business that attempts to make itself feel better about price-raping consumers by financing infringements on my freedom because of “optics” or other bullsht excuse.

• Carl says:

Duluth Trading Co. makes the absolute best jeans. Fire hose pockets that don’t get holes. Heavy, durable denim. Excellent workmanship. IV had pairs last through 6years of very heavy farm use.

10. Jeffery in Alabama says:

Keep poking the bear and Levis will suffer the punishment Nike is starting to feel.

11. sure worked well for Dicks, dinnit? sales down around 4% year-to-year.

sign on a gunshop:” We sell ARs. We’re not Dicks!”

12. Padawan says:

Warhorse only wears carpenter jeans. We buy them either through Sportsman’s Guide or from Wal Mart (I can’t remember if they’re Wranglers or Faded Glory) when we can find his size on the shelf. I was once “gifted” two pairs of Levis and they went right to the donation bin. And don’t get me started on how Levis markets their jeans to women.

This is just another bullshit company who is on my list of cheaply made and over priced shit I’ll never buy.

I made a ton of money off women’s Levis when I was in Germany. Once a month my sister would send me a big box of Levis at 20 bucks a pair and I’d black market them for 50 or 60, depending on my mood and how hot and friendly the girl was. Fucking German women loved them, but they were paying 80 bucks a pair at their stores.

• POd American says:

I was going to post that the only people that wore Levis would suck a dick but then you proved my point.

• crazyeighter says:

Damn! Wish I’d thought of that 77-80 when I was in Spain. But then again, those Spanich girls wore them like they were painted on…

• warhorse says:

back in high school, we had a group of band kids that would go to moscow every summer.

well they’d put on about 10 pairs of jeans before they’d get on the plane. anything american. once they landed in moscow they’d strip off the extra jeans, and head to the black market. they’d get $100 a pair, and convert that into gold chains to put around their neck on the flight back. wait for the gold price to go up, convert back to cash, and bank it.

a few of those kids put themselves mostly through college that way.

13. Michael Mitchell says:

When I hear a Leftist say that they are receiving death threats for their stances I have two thoughts. I. Either the Lefty is just spewing another lie in order to be a sainted victim or there are a bunch of progressives who are making these threats under a false flag in order to make us look bad. It’s not or way to react like they say we do

14. Chris says:

Levis have always been overpriced crap

15. FaCubeItches says:

“But these personal attacks pale in comparison to the threats that activists and survivors from Parkland, Sandy Hook, and daily incidents of gun violence face every time they speak up on this issue.”

Gee, imagine that…people who are seditiously trying to deprive others of a right are sometimes met with harsh language. Especially when two in the back of the head would be far more appropriate.

16. Jayhawk46 says:

Levi’s don’t have enough ball room, anyway.
    I wear Lee or Dickey’s.

17. B says:

Texas Jeans Company…Made in ‘Merica.
    (Not so Carhartts (not anymore, anyway))

I started buying ’em when Levis banned guns in their stores.

Good, quality jeans, at decent prices. Made in America by American labor.

They wear as well as Levis.

18. Blaine says:

In the 1960’s when I was in high school and bucking hay in Oregon, Levi’s were the only brand you could find that would not wear out within one week. Then some 25 or 30 years ago the Boy Scouts of America said they didn’t want any openly gay scout leaders and before the ink on that headline dried Levi’s were announcing they could no longer be a sponsor for the Boy Scouts because of their stand on no gay leaders. I stopped buying Levi’s right then and switched to Wranglers. Of course I haven’t bucked hay since 1966 but the Wranglers proved tough enough for anything thrown at them so far and I’m almost 70.

19. .45-70 says:

Wranglers only….I’ve never had a pair of Levi’s.

20. NewVegasBadger says:

I have NEVER owned a pair of Levi’s and NEVER will. The CEOs of ALL companies should know this: Shut the fuck up. Your ONLY job is to make money for your company. Period. Signaling how virtuous, progressive you are is going to cost you $$$. Just shut the fuck up and make what ever it is you are selling something worth buying. I have taken an oath to my God that I will NEVER wear any thing by Levi, drink Sam Adam’s beer (which in my never to be humble opinion is still the best Lager ever made) or watch the NFL football games. They are all an abomination to me. FOAD to all of them

21. Wylie Mike says:

Fuck Levi’s. I’m a big fan of Diamond Gusset jeans anyways. They are made in America and I’ve had good luck with them.

22. SgtBob says:

Where to begin…A “values driven company?” 99% of Levis are made overseas; i.e., sweatshop, slave labor. A “pioneer of the American West.” Bergh would prefer an unarmed, vegetarian West, no doubt. Anyway, the headline is unfinished and should continue ‘and watch their businesses step off a cliff.’

23. crazyeighter says:

I don’t wear jeans much since the surgery and the acquisition of my gimp leg; mostly it’s cargo shorts/surplus BDU pants as they’re easier to get off and on (plus easier CCW). However I did go through my vast horde of denim jeans (six pairs!) to see if I had any Levis. ONE pair; the rest were were Wranglers and L.L. Bean). A few minutes with a seam ripper, and the labels were gone. Damfi’m going to give up a good pair of jeans, but also damfi’m going to advertise for those bastards.
    Now to see if any of my polo shirts have The Swoosh on them. If so, more Seam Ripper Time.

24. Sanders says:

I can’t boycott them any more than I have for the past 30 years. Back before the internet, the NRA published a list of anti-gun corporations and hollyweird celebrities. Levis was on that list.