“So you say your brakes are making a funny noise?”

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to “So you say your brakes are making a funny noise?”

1. Andy says:

Talk about the life span of a rotor. Geez.

2. Cederq says:

Holy sheep shit, that was an accident waiting to happen… I bet it belonged to a woman driver.

3. Jeremy P. says:

I saw something just like this when I worked for a parts store. A guy came in with his son, laid a rotor like that on the counter and said he needed new ones. I asked him what happened to them. He said, ” My idiot son kept driving till they were like this. Says he didn’t hear a thing. Isn’t that right son? No noises from the brakes at all.” That kid was so embarrassed he walked outside. Probably didn’t help we were all laughing.

Man, I hear those warning tabs hit the rotors and I’m stopping at the parts store right now buying pads. That sound drives me crazy.

4. Heltau says:

That’s shaving it a little close on those rotors.

5. Gater, OKC says:

Well, they got their money’s worth out of that rotor.

6. Daryl says:

Shit like this is why we have to undergo an annual inspection in West Virginia.

• soapweed says:

Oh thank the good lord that the government will save us all……that attitude sickens most of us…..smell the coffee, sir.

• Daryl says:

Re-read my reply. I didn’t say it was a good idea, I don’t care how you maintain your vehicle, I just hope to God that the oncoming traffic has working brakes and steering.

• warhorse says:

and I’ve seen cars down south with so many holes in the floorboards fred flintstone would think twice about driving them. or people driving using the e-brake because the regular brakes failed “a few months back”. or “that exhaust leak ain’t so bad when you go over 60”

sometimes people bring the crap down by being children. so they force others to be the adults for them. you can’t have small government when you lack personal responsibility.

• I once had a dodge d50 that had a hole in the floorboard. I put down some wood, after checking the underside to see the integrity. I was super poor at the time and it was all I could afford. That damn truck never did die…I had to put it down years later.
          It reminds me of that toyota truck in the top gear episode where they tried to kill it and it wouldn die. They put it in the ocean, lit it on fire. used a wrecking ball and then put it on top of a fifty story building and then blew the building up. It would still start.

• Steve says:

“Down south”? Cause we’re all ignorant booger eaters banging our sisters? The only time I’ve seen rusted out floor pans was in the northeast where they salt the roads.

7. RonM says:

OMG, what could possibly do that? Can’t imagine.

8. Erica says:

Them those high performance fan cooled brakes.

• Inbred Redneck says:

Hey, where can I get me some of them-there HiPo brakes like that? Livin’ up here in the hills I need ’em pretty bad. Keep wearin’ out the soles of my boots draggin’ ’em.

9. Kevin says:

My little brother when he was in high school borrowed my truck and returned it like that. Saud the front brakes are growling a bit. You think!!!

10. grayman says:

My 25 yrs of being a mechanic I have seen that many times and it was both sexes. The problem was young and old. The young had the radio up so loud they could not hear it and the bass up they could not feel the grinding. the old just can not hear

11. the other jack says:

lifetime warranty. its. or yours.

12. Chris Helmuth says:

Notice it only wore one side of the rotor. The inner surface still has some meat left.