Su informe del viernes por la tarde en Florida

A video of an argument with a Taco Bell employee in Hialeah has unleashed a wave of indignation on social media.

The incident happened on Wednesday night, when Alexandria Montgomery was trying to place an order — in English — at a Taco Bell drive thru window at 785 East Ninth St. The employee refused to take her order because she wasn’t speaking Spanish.

In the video, which was posted Thursday night, Montgomery asked the annoyed woman, “Do you have a manager here?”

“She is in her house sleeping,” the employee replied in Spanish in a dismissive tone. There was no one else to take the order, the employee claimed.

This entry was posted in Florida. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Su informe del viernes por la tarde en Florida

1. loaded4bear says:

There comes a point, usually very early on, that you do not want to win an argument with the people who prepare your food.

2. blueslurker1 says:

I have never eaten at Taco Bell, never will.

3. Heathen says:

¡Orale puta,Chúpame la pija!

Esto no es Atzlan, esto es Los Estados Unidos. Habla Inglés .

4. Terry says:

There was a link to some vintage pictures of Hialeah in the article. Since I lived in there for years and graduated from Hialeah High School I had to look. (met my wife in Sr. English class). We recognized one of the cheerleaders in photo taken in 1962 when we were seniors. If we weren’t so damned old we would have recognized all of them.

5. Daryl says:

Pick the hills you want to take wisely. Taco and burrito are the same in Spanish as English.

6. Anonymous says:

Isn’t multiculturalism wonderful?

7. Lineman says:

Anyone see what is happening!!! No of course not go back to sleep, nothing to see here…

8. Curtis says:

loaded4bear, +1
    Sometimes you lose when you think you won an argument with someone who prepares your food.

9. Aggie says:

Funny how she understood all the questions asked in English, yet answered in Spanish. How do you say “Taco”, in Spanish?

10. Turd Burglestein says:

That’s nothing new. I lived there from 91-93 and it was like living in a foreign country. Even had spanish traffic signs in a lot of places. There was a big push to make english official language for all govt purposes around that same time. Looks like it failed. That place sucked ass anyways…don’t miss it a bit.

11. NoTacoBellForMe@luis says:

Ha Ha That Taco Bell is near me!!!
    Besides the “no specee engles”, some are rude as hell and most drive like assholes.
    Damn, Fidel sure fucked them people up good.

12. valkin says:

Will the last American to leave Miami please bring the flag…

13. UH1H CE says:

I quit going to McDonald’s in the Northern Virginia area, in part because you can only get your order right if you speak Spanish.

14. truthzzzz says:

Already reached my Miami Herald limit, so I didn’t read the article, as it was blurred.

But. Been there. Done that.
    I can use the language enough to converse basically. If a Latin could speak as much English as I do, it would be considered being bi-lingual. Not the other way around.

That area has been lost to invasion for quite a while. It used to be a Florida Cracker area. It is Latin now. The replacement has occurred there as across most of the county. .

If they refuse to speak English and have a snarky attitude I will often insult them in Espanol. Then I leave when they will not speak English. It all just depends. But I do not go there much at all if I can help it.

The city was a well developed civilized Southern city with a strong influx of New Yorkers and people from all over the world due to the massive number of military who trained in Florida and Miami, then came there to live after World War Two. There were a small amount of refugees from latin America and some Puerto Ricans living in the county.
    Then came the influx from Cuba. The parents all told their children that they should welcome them into our home and make them feel welcome. They said they would only be for 8 months at the most as the government would change again by then. Almost 60 years later. Still hasn’t happenned. And so many Cubans have said that it is no everybody elses’ turn to come here.
    So many Cubans from back then disagree with that bringing everyone else in as it happenned. Miami and the county is no longer what it was. Ethnically the area is now considered as part of Latin America due to the influx.