When John Force was your kids’ bus driver

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to When John Force was your kids’ bus driver

1. Anonymous says:

This happened in Arizona. Unfortunately, no explanation of what caused the failure.

2. KnReLe says:

This is definetly another kind of “Bus error” than the Unix SIGBUS ones (where the cpu is trying to access things that don’t exist)

3. Hank Curmudgeon says:

For those of you who may not know who John Force is or the snark hidden in this post’s headline John is one of the best drag races of all time, has a mouth that runs twice as fast as he drives, has a bunch of daughters (all quite attractive), all drag racers as well, and he blows up a lot, both his temper and his cars!

Crashes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZZxTZFtRU

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Force

John’s daughter Courtney, also a funny car driver…and whoopsie, she forgot to put on her fire suit…

4. Blu Vaner says:

Lack of preventative maintenance. Shit like this doesn’t just happen. I guarantee you there were clues, that were ignored, that something wasn’t right.

5. Hank Curmudgeon says:

One moar that covers his family…

6. Kaptain Kaos says:

Welp. I bet there are a few guys crawling underneath that whole fleet of buses as we speak looking for broken u-bolts holding the suspension together. I seen it happen to a water truck one time. I’m going to go ahead and chalk this one up to lack of maintenance.

7. Aesop says:

Never buy a school bus made by UAW workers on a Monday morning.

8. G706 says:

Had that happen to a Ford F600 one time, kid in a Dodge Dakota ran into the left rear duals going about 70. Took the axle right out from under 8 ton of corn and he got a helicopter ride.

9. Andrew says:

Considering that most school busses are built to ridiculous levels of over-construction, that is one weird accident.

• crazyeighter says:

Former brother-in-law of mine described his Mom as “a 5-foot two woman that could reach diagonally across a deuce-and-a-quarter Buick, thump a child and never waver an inch off her track.”

• MW@Cairns says:

Dead-right there Andrew. That is a serious diff. APC’s don’t have em that ruggard.

10. Mark Simko says:

Looks like there are two blown tires also. Maybe hit one hell of a pot hole or unpatched ditch across the road.

11. Jeremy says:

Brakes set wrong and locked up would be my guess.

12. MrBits says:

I drive a school bus and what might have happened is he lost his air causing the emergency brake to kick in. The suddenness of it may have took the rear end off if it was already failing mechanically. ?That’s a rear-engine bus too so there would be a lot of extra weight on those rear-wheels. It seems at my company anyway, that the maintenance has slid the last couple of years. I broke down 3-buses in my first 6-days of driving this year – all maintenance related.