A follow-up on the UPS gun heist

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Approximately 364 of the guns stolen from an UPS facility in Memphis have been recovered in route to Chicago.

According to a federal criminal complaint, the UPS facility received a shipment from the Ruger factory in North Carolina on September 28. The 16 pallets of firearms were scheduled to leave two days later for Dallas, Texas.
-Elmo

*****

380s and 22s – if they were going to risk that bust, you’d think they’d steal guns that could actually do some damage…

This entry was posted in Guns, News. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A follow-up on the UPS gun heist

1. Exile1981 says:

They were taking them to chicago, they can’t tell a good from a bad gun. Besides a low power gun in chicago is less likely to hurt a bystander when they fire it sideways… gansta style.

2. nwoldude says:

Chicongo? Who would have guessed?

3. AlphaDelta says:

Sirhan Sirhan would most likely disagree about .22’s being ineffective.

For that matter, I reckon so would Bobby!

4. NewVegasBadger says:

I would disagree. A .380 or a .22 is good enough if your intent is arms length in the back of the head range shots. Radical Lefties are talking about committing acts of terrorism and assassination and operating 5 man cells against every one who is not as rabidly unhinged as they are. It seems that calling for the murder of white males does not violate community standards on the social media sites. So it is only a matter of how soon, this kind of talk turns into action by some unhinged Lefty that wants to be the next Che..

• AlphaDelta says:

Bullshit. You are misleading or, did not watch the video Kenny posted yesterday with Jerry.

Here: https://youtu.be/xgs3nse8rW0?t=5m47s

Speed 1911’s are 9mm and/or .380’s.

1911 is fantastic- period.

• NewVegasBadger says:

With all due respect, I don’t know what about my post you are calling bullshit or consider misleading. I am a fan of the 1911 and it is my preferred weapon of choice for self defense. I think, you read into my comment some thing that was not there or intended. I stand by my second line: “A .380 or a .22 is good enough if your intent is arms length in the back of the head range shots.”. So what part of that statement is not accurate? Operative/key words here; “good enough”. Not ideal, perfect or first choice, just good enough. Only time I would consider a .22 for self defense situation is if it is the ONLY option you have. Again my first choice is either 1911 (in .45ACP) or a .357 magnum . BTW I have had the displeasure of looking down the barrel of a .22 inches from my face. It is an experience I would rather not go through again.

I was also calling out a warning to take seriously and at their word, a Lefty stating their desire to kill you for not having the same politics as they do. They want violence.

• Curtis says:

Back in the early 70’s a soldier was killed at Fort Riley by a .22 just outside the main post library. He was hit in the leg and the damned bullet hit a bone and just kept sliding along it cutting the femoral artery. I never really laughed at .22s.

5. SAM says:

If your going to miss anyway, who cares.

6. Chip Saunders says:

The NC facility makes rifles, all pistols are produced in Prescott, Az. So perhaps they meant to say .308, not .380? More likely, these were probably .223 and .308 models. The 10/22 has been produced in New Hampshire.

• warhorse says:

the ruger precision rifles are made in NH. at least, where I work we shipped about 10.000 raw receiver tubes to them last month alone. and that’s not including the AR handguards and all the other extrusions.