Chimp out!!!

A snow monkey escaped its backyard cage Friday and attacked a neighbor before an HVAC repairman shot and killed it, police in the coastal NC community of Shallotte told The Charlotte Observer Friday evening.

The monkey, also known as a Japanese macaque, “just went bananas,” immediately attacking the next-door neighbor as she talked outside with an HVAC repairman Friday afternoon, Shallotte Detective Sgt. John Holman told the Observer in a phone interview.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in News, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Chimp out!!!

1. rayvet says:

Those folks exposed to said monkey need to be checked out thoroughly. Many of that breed of monkey (Macaque) have herpes virus that can be easily transmitted to those it comes in contact with.

2. the other jack says:

I think its kind of badass the hvac guy was packing. most companies have rules against that (even stun guns and pepper spray) but id rather be fired than need a gun and not have it. I can always find new work.

• the other jack says:

p.s. that guy must be a damned good shot. monkeys are small and fast.

Darwinism rules again!

• crazyeighter says:

Getting fired is no big deal; after all, weren’t you looking for a job when you found this one?

3. Cederq says:

I didn’t know a revolver or a semi auto was a needed tool for HVAC. Learn something everyday. Plumbers and Electricians get Auto 12 gauge?

• the other jack says:

you get chased by a surprising number of stray dogs when working outside . plus you dont get to choose the neighborhoods you drive around and park in, with a vehicle filled with valuable and easily-pawned tools.

4. Rob says:

How many permits were involved with that?
    I’d imagine the HVAC guy had a permit to work, a permit for the truck, they say he has a permit to carry a weapon to protect himself (nice of them not to arrest him for protecting himself). They guy with the monkey has a permit to have pets and I’ll bet the lady who was attacked was married & they had to buy a permit for that too. Permits to live in their houses too…
    Let’s not even mention the permits to drive… Probably had to

5. Skipperdaddy says:

RELAX EVERYONE. The monkey was white.

6. Skip says: