Fetal homicide ruling mandates ‘Roe exception’ challenge, Alabama justice says

As the Alabama Supreme Court upheld the state’s fetal homicide law in a ruling this month, one of the justices said the decision should force the U.S. Supreme Court to revisit its 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling.

Justice Tom Parker said it is a “logical fallacy” for the government to consider a fetus a life for the purposes of a murder conviction but not when it comes to a woman deciding to end her pregnancy.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Fetal homicide ruling mandates ‘Roe exception’ challenge, Alabama justice says

1. Dave says:

Skipping all of the emotional stuff (to start). This really does bring up a very valid legal question that needs to be answered. How can someone be tried and convicted for something that is done legally by others every day? Now on my cynical side: we get to watch the chaos as the unthinking leftists lose their shit over their ‘rights’ to murder babies!! When posed as an ethical, legal question, the question is pretty freaking easy: does society condone killing babies or not? The answer won’t take long for a majority to agree on. Berkley will burn… LOL!!

2. pigpen51 says:

I have a leftist cousin who I have asked the question, when does life begin. She says when the baby breathes on its own. I say she is just dodging the question. I have had the same thought for years, about murder charges for one, but public funding for the other. I expect it will end up at the Supreme Court, and we will get to hear what an awful man Kavanaugh is, yet again. I look forward to it. Maybe this time they will take the question of the law and the Constitution into their decision.

3. Winston Smith says:

Agree 100% with that premise.

And am STRONGLY pro abortion. In fact, I think every ghetto street corner should have a drop in FREE abortion clinic, Before you disagree with me, think about how much crime and tax dollars that would save. Not to mention the police having to shoot the sob later anyway.

If it can sustain its life outside the womb, its alive. If it cant, then it isn’t. Any other argument means any fertilized cell death is murder because someone didn’t take enough extreme measures to keep it alive. Talk to your superstition leaders on that when you get a chance.

If you like unwanted kids- get one! Or a few! Theres plenty of little future felons running around without daddies….

• Rayvet says:

Your argument is based on emotions and not facts. Emotions belong to the left. We on the right need to use our intellect. A fetus is a human. Murder is the taking of a human life and does not discern the “stage of life”. Ergo abortion is murder. And I say this as an agnostic bordering on atheist so don’t argue the religious side of this. It’s science/law, and black and white.

• Michael in Nelson says:

Planned Parenthood thinks the same. Margaret Sanger started it to eliminate Blacks as vermin.

4. John h says:

This will be enough to definitely get the leftover wrapped around the axle again
    John h

5. Gryphon says:

“Planned Parenthood” was founded as a “Eugenics” organization, dedicated to the Idea that Stupid People Shouldn’t Breed.

6. ChuckN says:

It’s been a long time since I heard of a judge that knew what a logical fallacy was.