Well, at least he flagged it

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Well, at least he flagged it

1. bocopro says:

Well . . . tell ya what — I’d be careful how I word my criticism to the guy who put it in there.

2. Westcoastdeplorable says:

This reminds me of my late Father who would load 2 tons of hay onto a 1 ton truck. Wound up breaking the axle in two.

3. Ray says:

That is several thousand dollars worth of black walnut. A felony if stolen in Ky. if he shows up at the mill and try’s to sell it with out the state mandated paperwork. Lately the “scrappers” have been trying to snag BW logs and offer “quick cash” deals to mills. G_D help the mill crew if KSP finds out they are trading in stolen BW. Most won’t touch it Like I said. That Junky is looking at a class “B” felony or greater depending on the value of the log. BTW numb nuts has fucked that lumber up badly. The only thing that will get him is a weekend visit to Metro Corrections.

What makes you think he stole it?
      Fuck, if I was going to steal something that big and obvious, I’d make arrangements to haul it off in something other than a minivan. Of course if I cut it or it was given to me, I’d also make arrangements to haul it off.

4. Ogrrre says:

If it is black walnut, it makes beautiful cabinets and furniture. But it is a pain in the ass to work with. You MUST use a dust mask when sanding that stuff, otherwise you end up with a nose bleed from hell.. You also do NOT want to use planing shavings or sawdust for mulch or for animal bedding. The shavings do work well to keep insects out of your house, if spread around the foundation.

• dee says:

it is definitely black walnut. i can almost smell it through my computer. if you have ever worked with it you won’t forget the smell

5. Daryl says:

Looks like urban logging. A guy on Youtube has a bandsaw mill and has connections with arborists to pick up what they cut down before it is converted to stove wood.

6. soapweed says:

What is he using for a counterbalance? Don’t see a strap around the tree and mini van in the front to hold the trunk front end from bouncing up through the headliner……

7. California southpaw. says:

Floor jack in there?

8. WoodBurner says:

Bet the front wheels are off the ground.

9. Granny says:

I was wondering what you did with your piece of Black Walnut. Now we know. Heh heh

10. Sonny says:

hell of a bracing job at the rear of that minivan to keep it from tilting……….just saying

11. phil says:

I’m guessing that tree is never gonna jump in front of his daughter ever again!