I’m tired…

… of politics. We just got our mid-terms over with which means we’ll catch about a 2 month break before we start seeing ads for the 2020 elections.
Fuck that.

Up until about 15-20 years ago, I never thought about politics. I never worried about them. When it came time for elections, I’d start studying up on the candidates a couple weeks beforehand and my one and only criteria for who I’d vote for was determined by one thing and one thing only – gun control. But when you stop to think about it, it’s a pretty good guideline for any Freedom loving person. For the most part (the key word here is ‘most’) if a candidate supported gun control then they were for higher taxes to pay for the unrealistic services they promised, they were against small businesses, they were for damned near anything that they can use to control your life. Not theirs, yours.

Once I really started thinking about it, it didn’t take me long to figure out that Republicans and Democrats are the same fucking thing, they just wear different hats. A politician is a politician is a politician. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get your vote. Before you get all up in arms over that last statement, take a look at our last two Republican presidents. Uh-huh.

It’s all about power and what can they do to keep you in line. Think about this: When was the last time you heard a politician promise to nullify and/or repeal bullshit laws and then actually did it? Nope, their main focus is introducing new laws. It’s a control thing.

Just once I would love to hear a candidate say “If I’m elected, I promise I will not introduce any legislation and I will vote against any new legislation no matter what.” That motherfucker would be wildly popular.

Instead we get politicians that make unrealistic promises. The Latest & Greatest one was Trump’s “Drain The Swamp” bullshit. I have news for you, Mr President – that fucking swamp is overflowing. The swamp is chest deep and Hillary is still running free.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not a huge fan of Trump, but he’s done a few good things, for sure more than Billary would’ve done had she/they won. But damn, Trump made the promise and he should keep it. If he can’t keep it, he should’ve kept his mouth shut about it. Don’t tell me he had full intentions of doing it but the politicians are protecting their cushy lifestyles because there’s no way in hell you can convince me he didn’t have advisers telling him that shit wasn’t going to fly. Again, a case of saying what we wanted to hear to get our votes.

Up until a very few years ago my thing was a return to a Constitutional Government. I began seriously studying not only the Constitution but also the writings of our Founding Fathers which formed the basis of our Constitution. I wish it was required reading for anybody thinking about running for office.
But the thing is, the deeper I got into it, the more I realized that we never have had a Constitutional government. Never. The fucking ink on the Constitution and the Bill of Rights wasn’t even dry yet before the people in office started destroying it.
Take the Whiskey Rebellion for example. Our very first president was still in office when it took place. Our first president sent federal fucking troops to crush a protest over a tax that was being imposed on a domestic product. Way to go, Georgie.

I no longer want a return to a Constitutional government. What I want is an enactment of a government we never had but was promised.
I want to be left the fuck alone. I want to be able to give my money to whoever I feel warrants it, not having the government take my taxes and disperse it out to some fucking liberal organization I’ve never heard of. I want to be able to travel down a road that I pay taxes to maintain without worrying about getting a ticket for some bullshit reason. I want to be able to buy any damned gun I want without some politician telling me no because somebody who’s 2500 miles away wasn’t responsible with theirs. I want to eat what I want to eat without government approval.

I’m tired. I’m tired of being lied to. I’m tired of being vilified for the color of my skin or gender. I’m tired of being put on the defensive for shit I had absolutely nothing to do with. I’m tired of some cocksucker in Washington who doesn’t even know my name trying to tell me how I need to live.
I’m tired.

Rant over.

This entry was posted in Politics, Rants. Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to I’m tired…

1. DAN III says:

My thoughts and feelings exactly.

Democrat/Republican = Left Wing/Right Wing, same bird.

2. Kenny the Scot says:

Amen brother.

The core issue is what Isaiah Berlin called one’s “negative freedom” – the range of one’s possible actions; the number of doors that are open before you in life, if you want to look at it like that.

John Stuart Mill argued that one should be free to live as one wished, and that the only legitimate reason the State (or anyone) ever had to interfere in someone’s life is if they were harming someone else (the “harm principle”).

Politicians today belong to a class of people who are interested primarily in exerting control over every other fucker. That is to say – their reason for existing, the thing that gets them up in the morning, is to exert more and more control over everyone else – which by definition, means restricting their negative freedom!

As you point out – they even have us thinking about what they’re doing in our free time, which is absolutely outrageous. They’re not content with just exerting control over the externals in our lives, they (and their lackeys in the “media”) want to control our inner lives as well.

This is pure evil.

The goal for these creatures has been for years to undermine our Judeo-Christian culture, so that we don’t know the difference between right and wrong. That project has been underway for some time, and they have been devastatingly successful.

More recently, a new control system has been devised and brought into being. It uses social media, and it permeates every aspect of the regular media. It has invented “virtue signalling” which means that, in the absence of our traditional cultural values, the young people who are trying to find their way in life can only be “good” if they willingly join the herd, get tagged so they can be kept track of by the State at all times, “virtue signal” when they are supposed to, and get angry (the agents of the State just love that justified anger – that human emotion needs to be channelled so it can go somewhere) at the things they are supposed to (like “right wingers” and “racists”). Grown men of our age may be the last free generation – the next lot don’t even realise what has happened, let alone understand it, let alone have the intellectual – and MORAL – wherewithal to do something about it.

We are truly screwed, you know. There are a lot of people out there in this world who deserve hanging. That won’t happen, not in this life. All we can do now is take some comfort in the fact that they will indeed see a day of judgement, and that they will all burn in hell for what they have done. In the meantime, the most important thing we can do right here on earth is keep our own minds free from the evil, anti-intellectual pollution swilling around the airwaves. And make sure we have our own shit in order at all times.

3. Sunny says:

Well said, wirecutter! This is exactly the way I think and feel.

I’m tired. I am angry also but so damn tired of all of the stuff that gets thrown at me/us every single day.

As far as what Betsy said above – I’ve heard variations of what was said many times. Just how many times are we supposed to believe these fuckers? They are all lying in order to be elected. They don’t intend to keep any of those promises and they sleep very well at night. Those who say we need to go out and change the government if we don’t like it are deluded. When ALL of the politicians are actually on the same side, who is it that we are supposed to elect in order to get it changed?? We have engaged many times. We’ve been involved time after time. But when we really open our eyes and see – there is no difference in them. None of them have honesty, integrity, or honor.

I refuse to vote for the “lesser” evil again. You do whatever the hell you want to but stop telling me it’s my fault that we still have an evil government.
    sunny

4. Fitty says:

Well said.
    Why won’t people understand that I really do want to be left alone?
    No new taxes, laws, promises.

5. G says:

Right on

6. bogsidebunny says:

I’m with you Wirecutter. That’s why I recognize the only Non-Politician Trump’s efforts are akin to making trying to dilute 55 gals. of piss to a drinkable state with an eyedropper of water. I’m turning in my voter reg. card cause it’s only taking up room in my desk drawer. The country’s fucked thanks to 50 years of Commie University indoctrination by academics who hate America. 80% of under 60s are either clueless asshole or hard core Liberals and there ain’t nothing short of an asteroid smacking down smack in the center of the country that’s going to stop the cancer.

7. Exile1981 says:

I’m tired of the blatant cheating going in in this election

• crazyeighter says:

I’m tired of the fucking Republicans standing there sucking their thumbs and letting it happen.

8. Walpurgis says:

I don’t even bother voting in National elections anymore. I pay attention to local stuff, and especially judicial elections, and that’s it.

9. Jeffery in Alabama says:

A poor clip (the only one I could find) from a great movie (Ride With The Devil) showing Bill Quantrill giving his “I am tired boys” speech. I thought it befitting.

10. 15Fixer says:

Will you post this on FZ? Or, can I post it there and attibute you? This is the clearest, most concise summation I have read or heard in a long, long while. Way to go…….

11. Granny says:

The continual and endless changes and fiddling is what gets me riled up. The waste of money with letter head and other printing costs when the assholes decide to add a logo, or delete one. Meanwhile back at the ranch, our bridges are falling down, inner cities are burning and the same old same old keeps happening.
    It’s OUR money you are frittering away.
    Sheesh!

12. Mike Roberts says:

I hear ya. Well said and that’s how I feel. I feel like this is exactly what the founding fathers thought and felt before they decided to make a change…

13. Dave says:

Don’t think any of this just started in the last few years, I just finished reading about Andrew Jackson, ran for president in 1828, his supporters bought 60 newspapers across what was then the country in 1824 to promote his election, and his opponents didn’t miss an opportunity to call his wife a whore…..what’s really changed? When you want to criticize Trump remember that he at least put a speed bump in front of the liberal garbage truck, and let’s all be thankful that we’ve got Wirecutter and people like him to give us a chance to talk.

14. Betsy says:

Yup the Hildabeast, Obama, and Trump all wear the same hat? There isn’t the slightest difference between a Cruz and a Schumer.

There are major differences and one man can make changes but not if the majority of the public sits on its ass, complains, and says why do we have such a rotten government.

So go back to the ballgame and bitch about the world. It will never meet your criteria because you don’t care enough to go out and change it or engage.

15. Tactless Wookie says:

I hear ya Kenny. I was making just about the same comments to a trusted friend this morning. Although I don’t think I said it as clearly as you.

In my estimation we are all screwed. I’m too worn out to put up a real fight. Fuck. I have no idea what to do at this point.

16. DCE says:

Two weeks? That’s optimistic. It’s gonna be more like this coming Monday.

17. paulb says:

Preach it brother.

18. Gator says:

Rob Paul did as you described, or at least tried to when he was in Congress. He didn’t get the nickname ‘Dr No’ for nothing. He didn’t vote for things even if his constituents liked it if he thought it didn’t fit within the narrow confines of the constitution. He was often the sole ‘no’ vote on things. He tried running for President, but the problem is most people prefer comforting lies over hard truths, so he never got elected. He also constantly tried to take powers away from the government. He’s the only person I have ever supported because I genuinely wanted them to be president, as opposed to just really not wanting the other person to win. Oh well.

I’ve increasingly thought that every country has exactly the government it deserves. Sure, those of us commenting here mostly see through all the bullshit and know better, but most people in this country are too stupid to see the truth, or just deliberately refuse too. Aside from maybe 10% ofnthe population, this country has exactly the government it deserves. To be clear, this isn’t a jab at trump, by ‘this government’ I mean it’s entiroty, stretching back the last few decades.

19. james says:

government has gotten so large and intrusive that every election is a death match for power and control.

There is a difference between cruz and beta and the murderess clinton and trump. The problem is no matter who is in office everything gets worse every year. It might be slowed but the trend is always left all the way to venezuela./ussr/cuba/gdr.

20. Hybo says:

Sounds like most of you just wanna give up. Congratulations, this is exactly what the commies want, that way they can just waltz right in without any resistance. I understand some of your sentiments here but for me, I ain’t stopping to vote for the better candidate. Trump isn’t the perfect president but I think he is the best one I have ever voted for.

My parents literally ran across the border of Hungary to escape communism. They taught me the stories of just how they were starving and how their quality of life was absolute crap. My father was forced to vote in one election way back. You know how he voted? Went in the booth, ripped up the ballot, placed it in the envelope and dropped it in the ballot box. There was ONE candidate on the ballot, a communist. That was the only way he could tell them to f off. I guarantee that NONE of you have experienced what they had to live through. You think that things are bad here? Keep giving up and yes, you just might get to live how my parents lived and the rest of East Europe. My great grandfather was literally beaten to death by commies in what is now Serbia.

Yes, we are all screwed when, people I consider to be patriots here, simply give up. I hope you people that want to give up reconsider your position. I’m tired of most of the crap that some of you have brought up also, but I, for one, will not give up voting, emailing, calling or talking with other like-minded people and encourage them to carry on until the time comes when it may be necessary to fight. Thanks for the opportunity to post my opinion.

• Bill says:

Thank you and all what your parents have done to make this country better!

• Scruff says:

Thanks Hybo, I’m more inline with this sentiment.Wirecutter, I get your pain, we were in Germany about the same time.when the wall came down we thought freedom would rush eastward but we were wrong. Communism rushed west.

• lfox368806 says:

I agree with you. Maybe all we can do is to holler “Stop!”
      But, an open protest is better than nothing.
      We should all learn the value of using one word.
      “Why?”
      “We need universal health care.”
      “Why?”
      Keep asking until they get angry. Then ask again the next time they bring it up.
      Their confused answers, twisted reasoning, and authoritarian responses WILL have an effect on the others that are listening.
      Guys, it’s a long, hard haul back to sanity. We may not make it all the way. What we have to focus on is reaching just 10 people in our lives.
      Who then reach 10.
      Repeat until we outnumber them.
      It’s a war of attrition. Those who can hang in when others give up will win.

21. weredragon says:

Amen!

22. mrcraigdudley says:

i visit your site several times a day and am always pleased with the visit. i copied and pasted all of this on my blog: https://patriotismbydegree.blogspot.com/
    and said nice things i hope you approve of.

23. Towser says:

Damn Kenny! I knew we had similar thoughts but that post was a near mirror image! Yeah, I know some folks I’ve got some loose screws rattling around and that is where we’re different but your main points are pure reflection.

My own primary conclusion is things are only going to get worse because ANY man-made government begins with a certain amount of control and grows from there. Compare that with the Garden of Eden. Adam was give ONE rule and was promptly talked out of it.

As far as being tired of it all, I hear ya but my perspective might differ a bit here. Yes, I’m tired of making any effort to “make” government “work”. The whole idea is ludicrous if you think about it. This is the path I’m turning from. It leads deeper into Prison USA. According to at least one author, we are all already felons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwsLAqjqnxo.

So what is one to do? F*** em! Let us live our lives. Much of the crap they heap on us means nothing at all. If someone decides my tomato plants are illegal, I guess they are going to have to come rip them out themselves. If they decide I have to pay a fine or do jail time for my “offense”, then I guess they’ll have to provide room and board for a while. I’ll render on to Caesar what is his but not a nickel more.

Meanwhile, I’m developing some ways we can all legally (for now) circumvent some of our “masters” efforts to rein us in.

And Ken… check your email please.

Towser

Nothing in my email, spam either.

I decided a long time ago to just do what I’m going to do. No matter what, I’m going to piss somebody off.

• Towser says:

I sent an email a few days ago. I just sent another one. It is no biggie. I will be sending you something more detailed hopefully soon about a project I am working on. It is not going as smoothly as I’d like but then, what does?

24. Ed says:

Amen Brother !

25. BK DOG says:

AWESOMENESS CONFIRMED.
    PROCEED WITH ‘OPERATION DROP OUT OF THE BULLSHIT PARADE’.
    PUBLIC POLICY CANNOT BE ENFORCED WITHOUT YOUR COOPERATION.
    THE CORPORATIONS ARE THE ENEMY.
    MOVE OUT.