Nevada Hilton replaces Bibles with Constitutions

There’s no doubt that at the Hilton in Henderson, Nev., Gideon has checked out.

In place of the iconic hard-covered Bible so often found in bedside drawers throughout the nation’s hotels, ownership at the Hilton Garden Inn has opted for a copy of the U.S. Constitution.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Nevada Hilton replaces Bibles with Constitutions

1. Aaron Yetter says:

Why not both

2. nwoldude says:

Nobody will read that either. Unfortunately.

3. Hans says:

“Can’t we have both?”

4. SAM says:

Why not have both?

5. Just a Chemist says:

Those are (almost?) always purchased by, placed by, and replaced by the Gideon’s. A hotel is private property, so they can dictate with is allowed in their rooms, but I will not stay in a Hilton if they forbid the Gideon’s from placed the holy scripture in a room. I’ve read them, and I’ve seen the Book of Mormon in rooms too. This just seems petty to me.

6. Winston Smith says:

I like the move. No need to push a certain brand of superstition on anyone. And maybe someone will actually READ the Constitution and start thinking about it.
    Well, I can dream, cant I.

7. ChuckN says:

Of all they documents they could replace the Bible with, I have the least qualms with this.

• Eastwood says:

I agree with that some people might be more inclined to read it maybe they will learn something like tje fact that we are a nation built on our trust in God and that walking under a ladder is a superstition not a belief based upon religion that teaches morals. Maybe they will learn of freedom of speech and religion. Maybe even Winston will learn something if he stays in a hotel like how not to persecute Christians for their beliefs because our constitution protects them.

8. CC says:

Why not leave the Gideon, add the constitution?
    It’s usually a big empty drawer otherwise.

9. Dolt says:

Someone thought about this due to the BS PC crowd.

Good Choice.