Washington State seriously fucked gun owners

A state gun-regulations ballot measure seeking to make Washington’s firearms laws among the strictest in the country passed Tuesday with 60 percent of the vote in election-night returns.

The measure led in large western counties and trailed in most eastern counties. Votes will continue be counted in the coming days.
-WiscoDave

AND FROM HERE:
They took the existing legal definition of a semiautomatic rifle and renamed it a “semiautomatic assault rifle”. So now every semiautomatic rifle is an “assault rifle”.

The rifle doesn’t need to be an AR-15. It doesn’t need to look like an AR-15. It doesn’t need to be “high powered”, or “military”, or even “military-looking”. It doesn’t even need to have a removable magazine. Just the fact that it is a semiautomatic makes it an “assault rifle”.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Liberals, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Washington State seriously fucked gun owners

1. anonymous says:

Well, that pretty much leaves out ambiguity, right ? if the firearm operation includes emptying chamber and loading another round, its an evil assault firearm. Its a cinch that automatic pistols will soon follow. Then pumps ‘n levers, all of them until slingshots. Hell – Britain is the model, they banned carrying frickin’ knives over there …

Vote with your feet people – that os weapons grade B.S. Life is too short to deal with that nonsense.

• Cynikal says:

No thanks, those stupid mf’ers that vote that shit in needs to wallow in their own pen for a while.

2. just saying says:

that’s how the Australian government did it. l lost my Brass Eagle “Barracuda” semi automatic paintball gun because, “semi automatic”. it was a Gods damned paintball gun FFS. no excuses.

3. Henry Lee says:

There goes my M1 Carbine – but this is still Georgia for the time being.

4. bogsidebunny says:

It’s Nixon’s fault. He basically did away with Selective Service. Now the little assholes have no idea that firearms are simply inert objects. Not to be feared, but mastered like any other tool in order to keep them safe. Sort of like their home security alarms.

5. Elmo says:

“Mr. and Mrs. Washington, turn in your Ruger 10/22s.”
    I can’t help but wonder if current and retired law enforcement will be exempt from this law.

6. A says:

Karma and a baseball bat are looking for Stephen.

7. SgtBob says:

The initiative number is so close to MOS 1369, unlucky c0cksucker. Coincidence?

8. Bigg Ale says:

I’m sure in Eastern Washington, there are Constitutional Sheriffs that coincidently don’t have the time, nor the manpower to enforce this stupidity. I’m sure this will be challenged all the way to SOCTUS.

9. Sanders says:

Coming to New Mexico, I’m sure…

10. Gryphon says:

Just like the Connecticut, New York, and Maryland registration/ban ‘Laws’, Compliance will be about the same as “Enforcement”, as the .gov KNOWS it doesn’t have the ‘resources’ (or the guts) to Door-to-Door this as would be necessary for it to ‘work’.
    Eventually, the Line gets Crossed, and the .gov runs Smack Into the most Heavily-Armed Irregular Army in the World… It will make Afghanistan look like a (christian’s) Church Picnic…

11. beefnguns says:

Fuck…You know Newsom will top that.

12. enn ess says:

The population of 2 western counties that voted for this asinine bill outnumber the population of the rest of the counties in the entire state of the registered voters that actually voted.
    I’m just waiting for one of these sorry fucks to ask me for help to keep them from being criminalized. Sorry, can’t help you, you took away my means of self defense, remember! Enjoy your raping/assfucking dumbtard. You reap what you sow, and the complete failure of the coastal economy would do wonders for my heart.

• Butch says:

Do the people living in Eastern WA even pay heed to the commie BS the western side passes?

13. FaCubeItches says:

Malone summed up the root of the problem very succinctly in The Untouchables:

Malone: You said you wanted to get Capone. Do you really wanna get him? You see what I’m saying is, what are you prepared to do?

Ness: Anything within the law.

Malone: And then what are you prepared to do? If you open the can on these worms you must be prepared to go all the way. Because they’re not gonna give up the fight until one of you is dead.

That follow up “and then” question is the one that needs answering. “Nothing” has always been the default, and that is certainly both the safe and the law-abiding response. However, it has also been the losing one. Unless folks are prepared to make a hard choice, the matter will eventually be decided for them, and almost certainly in a way that they don’t like.

14. Kurt says:

And my few friends in the area wonder why I’m looking for a job in Idaho or Montana…

Kurt