And now you know…

This entry was posted in Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to And now you know…

1. Jeffery in Alabama says:

I thought I was going to get taken to jail once for wearing one. I was fifteen. I went to take my drivers license test and this Alabama State Trooper who was in charge (flat-top haircut and all) gave me the third degree and threatened to haul me to the stout house. I still have the knife and leather sheath. They have served me well. The only “con” about the 110 is their weight.

I carried a 110 for most of my adult life and used them for everything. I went through about 1 a year – they held up fine but I’d wear the blades down from sharpening them every night.
      Nowadays I carry a pocket knife, a SOG switchblade. And a multi tool, of course.

2. BLACK says:

I’ve had them and hated every second of it. I was glad when it snapped cutting twine offf of a round bales. They are heavy,bulky,locks break. Get a Spyderco or a Benchmade. They are thin lightweight, sharpen to shaving easily.. you will. Never look back.

3. C.R. says:

cool video! the Buck 110 is a classic to be sure . if someone says they have a Buck Knife , that’s the one most people think of .

4. book@luis says:

Now that was interesting to watch!
    thank god it wasn’t about chickens.

5. Patrick Rhodes says:

I helped to move the Buck factory, up from the San Diego area, to Post Falls, Idaho. Buck was giving all the truckers helping to move the company, half price, and more, on any knives that we wanted. Yeah, I spent a few hundred dollars that day, and took a bunch of knives home. (I lived just 4 miles from the new factory location at the time). I now own one of the first “110” folding knives, with the, then new state of Idaho imprint on the blade.

6. OldNFO says:

Carried one (well, more than one, sharpening and all) for 21 years in the military, still have one in a sheath on my night stand.

7. Tsquared says:

I carried a 110 when I was in my 20’s. When I wore the blade down to where it was no longer in shape I would send it back and they would send me a new one. I went through 4 or 5. The last time I sent it in they replaced it with a special edition Tigershark model. I retired that one shortly after I got it and went to a smaller knife I could carry in my pocket. I now carry a Benchmade auto that I got when I was still in the military just before I retired 15 years ago.

8. H says:

Now in automatic, just found out:

9. BillDave says:

They have a hell of a custom shop. Got my father a skinner for Christmas this year. Engraved and all.

10. Bootmaker says:

nowdays, a leatherman hangs where the buck used to…but ive also started to carry an opinel #8 as my pocket blade. damned good little knife

• Bootmaker says:

and, oh yeah,…usually a freemont 5 o’clock in my boot

• Sanders says:

The 110 got replaced by a Leatherman Wave on my belt, as well, after carrying it for so many years.

Fastest way I found to dull up a 110 is to cut up a shark.

Had the 110 in my hand when I was being accosted by Africans at the flea market in Paris, France.

Had it again when in a dive bar in Kingman, Az…..

It’s heavy? I like that heft in my hand.

I still carry a Bear & Sons (currently) stockman in my Rt front pocket and a small (pre-China) Old Timer small stockman in my left front pocket, and a lockback clip knife and a beltbuckle knife. Every knife I carry has a use, too.

I like knives, what can I say?

11. NewVegasBadger says:

I still have the 110 I bought when I was on active duty, 1976. It is a very rare day when I don’t have a knife on me. I tend to have as my EDC knife something smaller. Just got tired trying to explain to idiots why I am “carrying something THAT big”. Seriously, I don’t know exactly when the UFO landed and dropped off all those stupid people, but apparently they aren’t coming back for them.

BTW as a PSA to all you young studs: NEVER lend or let borrow your knife to anyone. Period. You will likely never see it again.

12. Tex says:

My brother gave me a 112 (not much smaller version than the 11) in the 70s. I used to carry it out on beer deliveries to the “other” side of town when I worked for a beer distributor while putting myself through college.

13. front toward enemy says:

Never had a Buck folder, but my early deer-hunting career was well served by a couple of Buck fixed blades. The “Caper” with its little SAK-shaped blade was a favorite for field dressing.

One of these :

14. Fred Fuller says:

GF (long ago) used to call mine “an Alabama boxing glove.”