And to think I moved to Tennessee to get away from this brand of bullshit

Gun violence plagues all American communities – including those in Tennessee – and cannot be ignored. We need to come together across political divisions and formulate policies to curb the number of senseless deaths while still protecting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.
SEEN HERE (with commentary)
-Skynet

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Politics, Tennessee. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to And to think I moved to Tennessee to get away from this brand of bullshit

1. Daryl says:

Where ever there are people, there will be violence. Where ever there are people of diverse cultures, there will be even more violence.

2. crazyeighter says:

As someone else remarked, “In Tennessee, the Republicans have gone from ‘Gah-ron-TEED Constitutional Carry’ to ‘Red Flag Laws’.”

For the last eight years, I’ve watched the RINO Super-majority kill every good gun bill in committee. I’m about done with the sonsabitches.

3. WestcoastDeplorable says:

If the NRA was worth a bag of beans, they would find one of these “we’re taking away your guns because you’re nuts” to get behind, expand to include ALL these Fed/State/Local yokel laws against guns, and lay it before the Supreme court once and for all under the 2nd “shall not be infringed” language. Because they can’t have it both ways, and all the “laws” that do anything to allegedly “control guns” are bogus and unconstitutional.

• truthzzzz says:

At least one more Constitutional acting Supreme Court Justice before we have a real Gair-Rone-T of the votes to follow the Constitution. Sad. But it might happen with our allegedly sure 5-4 split only to be unpleasantly suprised, as has happened in the past.

4. Sigproshooter says:

How many angry wives,ex-wife,girlfriends, hateful neighbors crazy relatives etc.etc.etc.etc.etc. Will use this to upend someone’s life and property? Guaranteed there will be some. And when it’s you it will be a huge undertaking to rectify the situation. Evil law plain and simple.

• crazyeighter says:

I’ve got an ex-wife (that I haven’t clapped eyes on in a year and a half) is champing at the bit for this to pass.

• Elmo says:

Absolutely evil and unconstitutional. A complete violation of due process rights.

Anyone who trusts judges and prosecutors to do the right thing these days regarding anything to do with guns is out of their ever-loving mind.

5. joe says:

Know someone you dont like? Accuse them of being crazy and get the police to confiscate their guns

6. strnj1 says:

…didn’t realize that the rest of ’em were right behind ya.

7. mrgarabaldi says:

Hey Kenny;

This is pontificating and grandstanding. He is a "FUDD" I can see this going bad in a hurry, there is a guy that is unpopular with his Trump hating family because he don't believe like they do and to "help" him, they report him to the authorities that is agreeable with seizing firearms because all government especially big government don't like the idea of people being armed...goes against the goals of the statist and other big government democrats. so they launch a raid on the house in the name of the "public good".

8. Henry Lee says:

Instead of my allotted 4 minutes and 20 seconds, my doctor spent a half hour spouting Democrat talking points after I’d cracked a joke about being a member of the NRA. He would hear no reason or logic. I’m supposed to trust this guy if it ever came to a competency hearing? My wife says, guns, he ain’t got no guns. I’m looking for a new doctor.

• Mike_C says:

Saying this as a doctor, that pisses me off to no end. And no, I don’t think you can trust this guy either. Good on you for getting a new doctor.

Speaking in generalities, physicians in private practice tend toward conservativism, whereas those in academic (university-associated) settings are far more likely to have progressive sympathies. (Apart from a few moles in academia like me; but I’m 100% research, no clinical practice these days.) So the private/academic divide might guide you in choice of PCPs. But if you are in a small-town or rural setting it is very likely that your choice of doctors will skew heavily toward brown (Indian, Pakistani) and/or Muslim, which can bring some cultural issues, in addition to (or regardless of) the gun issue.

I became an NRA life member I think a couple of years ago, not because I think they are doing a fine job (motto: giving away your rights, only slower!), but because:

First, the only pro-2A (for values of “pro”) group that even registers with the man on the street is the NRA. How many non gun-people know what GOA is, much less JPFO? So whenever some talking airhead on the news says in horror, “The membership of the NRA is X million!” I want X to be as large a number as possible.

Second: Asshole repellent. When approached by people with “sensible gun reform” etc. petitions here on the streets of Massholia, I hold up my left hand palm out (around the level of the floating ribs, close to my body with elbow bent, i.e. purely symbolic warding — no need to look defensive/threatened) while using the right to point to myself and say, “NRA Life Member here!” with a big smile. This works great. The last time I used this I was walking to lunch with PKG so I was able to follow up the NRA remark with, “And we’re both Trump supporters!” while she gave the filthy clipboard-wielding stankfoot junior-antifa looking guy (in black, with shitty pathetic facial hair) a dazzling smile. He actually clutched his clipboard to his chest and recoiled. Of course then he had to step forward to prove his manliness (or whatever) but we both knew he flinched. I could see the shame in his eyes. Hahahaha!

Third: I got life membership for $600 during one of their sales. (Actuarial tables suggest that I won’t lose money on that compared to annual membership.) No way in hell I’d give that organization what they normally want for life membership.

I was loading magazines once and lost a bullet. A few hours later I’m at Doc’s and he tells me to drop my pants for a finger probe and when I do, the lost bullet falls out of my pocket and goes skittering across the floor of his exam room. He reached down, flipped it to me and asked “Lose something?” and continued on like it was an everyday thing.

9. Dick Summers says:

“I see stupid people, they’re everywhere. I see them all the time. They don’t know they’re stupid.”

10. NewVegasBadger says:

Governments around the world have murdered almost 200 million just in the 20th Century, yet every gun ban exempts them. Gun Control (confiscation): Not for your safety.

11. Dave says:

Red Flag laws have become just another tool for swatting. If my neighbor decides he wants me to paint my house pink and I refuse, he red flags me. No real due process. No recourse. No accommodation for firearms that happen to be in my house but not owned by me.

12. dav says:

They will not try to confiscate firearms all at once, that would trigger an armed response. Instead they will erode the Free Community from the edges, until they have achieved absolute control. That is when the round ups and mass cleansing will begin.

13. Sanders says:

Why is it that we, who are exercising a Constitutional and God-given right, are ALWAYS expected to be nice and accommodate the mentally ill who seek to deprive us of our rights because they can’t trust themselves with those rights?

Just say, NO!

14. Towser says:

Ken, NO ONE can escape this shit. It is a cancer eating away at our nation. It has metastasized. It is terminal. As one of your regulars pointed out (forgive my sieve-like memory) defiance is the only real reasonable response we have left.

As far as constitutionality is concerned – pfft – there is no constitution. At least I can wipe stuff off with toilet paper. That makes Charmin far more valuable these days. The globalists have stomped, trashed and shredded it. You and I can tell at a glance whether any statue abides by constitutional principles – the lawyers and the robed global cabal will then twist and deform the issue until it fits their needs. In the end, whose opinion counts?

• Lineman says:

So if you think defiance is all we have left what do you think an effective defiance is?

• C.R. says:

Already there is at least one congress critter who would have no problem nuking the citizens , kind of hard to defend against that . I overheard some people at the bar saying if the muzzies would sneak a nuke into D.C. and lit it off underneath congress it might not be a bad thing …. Hard times a coming I’m thinking

15. Jayhawk46 says:

These are the same folks that will turn right around and argue for doctor assisted suicide. It’s about controlling other peoples lives.