Why you shouldn’t feed the animals

54-year-old Harford County woman died early Saturday morning after being stabbed in the chest, according to Baltimore police.

Police say Jacquelyn Smith and her family were driving through the 1000 block of Valley St. in the Johnston Square neighborhood at 12:27 a.m. when they saw a young woman carrying what appeared to be a baby and holding a cardboard sign that said “Please Help me feed my Baby.” Smith, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, rolled down the window to give her money.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Why you shouldn’t feed the animals

1. Tactless Wookie says:

I am from the Baltimore area. I’m not surprised. But really who in their right mind rolls a window down in that neighborhood at 12:30 in the morning?

And further, the woman that was killed is from Aberdeen. That town is rough and she should have known better.

I used to drive an ambulance in Baltimore and later owned a business in Aberdeen. Both towns are crapholes. I’m glad I fled MD for Texas.

Mind you I’m sorry to see this sort of thing happen but really. Should have known better.

The Z-Man has the right name for Baltimore. “Lagos on the Patuxent”.

I lived in Aberdeen for about 9 months in 1972 when my father was going to school at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. I can honestly say I never saw the good side of town. The entire city was a shithole, even back then.

• Padawan says:

My brother is an EMT for an ambulance company out of Boston. They pay their employees hazard pay on top of their regular pay if they’re willing to work in what is called the “triple threat” or 3L’s: Lynn, Lowell and Lawrence. I’m told there are parts of those three cities where they don’t go in without a bullet proof vest and/or a SWAT team escort.

2. Jeremy P. says:

Fucking Baltimore… I was 16 driving through West Baltimore (the things we do for friends at 16…) and a guy tried to carjack us. Stepped right in the middle of the road, held his hand up and started to pull a gun out of his waist. I have been accused of being crazy, but not stupid so I tried to run his ass over. I didn’t slow down for more than a mile. Haven’t been back in that part of the city since.

3. loaded4bear says:

That’s a damn shame.

4. Nemo says:

While this is a tragedy, she made two mistakes 1. being in Baltimore at any time of day 2. rolling down her window, IN BALTIMORE, at 12:30 at night.

This was a setup from the start. 12:30 at night and some woman is on the street begging for money for her child?!?

One can be altruistic, but have some common sense about it.

always, Always, ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings.

5. FaCubeItches says:

Ah, good ol’ Bodymore, Murderland.