Apparently you can’t buy a coat with an EBT card

Chicago police are reporting gunpoint robberies targeting people wearing pricey Canada Goose jackets as temperatures plunge in the city.

Over the past two weeks, police say there’s been a spate of the thefts in which people wearing the luxury coats have been targeted and forced to give up the jackets. The coats can cost upward of $1,000 and are often seen on celebrities.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Apparently you can’t buy a coat with an EBT card

1. Police report, “Still no work boots stolen or missing in Chicago”.

2. Nemo says:

These coats have have a sign on the left sleeve that says ROB MY COAT (it’s the Canada Goose Co. emblem).

3. nwoldude says:

Will keep honest ‘muscle’ working.

4. Mike_C says:

My office is near a college campus and the rich foreign student uniform of the season is a Canada Goose parka and a Fjällräven backpack. Yer talking about $1200 right there. When you add in the latest phone, Bluetooth earpiece, iPad, etc, each one of those students is about $4k on the hoof. And that’s not to mention the value of an attractive 19-yo female if you’re inclined to kidnapping as opposed to mere strong arm robbery. (Not that all of them are attractive, but still ….)

When the vibrancy comes for Dead Bird (Arc’teryx) is when I’ll be in trouble. Note that sucessfully defending yourself (should I be so fortunate) is still a failure in this stupid day and age — if you happened to defend yourself against one of the eternal victim classes.

5. bogsidebunny says:

Baboon farmers just harvesting the crop.

6. Lepke says:

You cant get a passport with an EBT card either. My brother saw a large negress try last yr.They denied her so she whipped out cash .

7. Sabre22 says:

I an top that When I worked at the county treasurers office A woman tried to pay her property taxes with one. At least she tried to do the right thing.