Friday gifdump

This entry was posted in Gifs. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Friday gifdump

1. Alemaster says:

Number 3, not taking the bait Wirecutter. Nope! Now way!! regards, Alemaster

2. Elmo says:

I could see Jack doing that treadmill trick.

That cur doesn’t have the attention span for that. If I thought he did, I’d buy him one just to burn off some of that energy – my arms and ankles could use the break.

3. ThinkingOutLoud says:

That first little kid is cracking me up!

4. RDB says:

Maybe someone can enlighten me on the helicopter gif. Why do the blades appear to be moving so slowly? Is that the slo-mo of the gif?

• Alemaster says:

You’re killing me RDB, you’re killing me. Not even gonna comment on my frequent landings on Gulkana Glacier while assigned to Alaska. Did I mention that you’re killing me RDB? regards, Alemaster

• ChuckN says:

It’s an optical illusion created by the camera. The rotor blades are faster than the camera speed but the camera is good enough to capture a frame every so often.
      As a result the background plays out like normal but the rotors look like they are being filmed using stop-motion. A difference in frame rates is also why when you take video with some devices rotors/propellers look like they are spinning backward. The camera isn’t fast enough to capture the entire movement but is fast enough to (essentially) take a still photo before 1 revolution. Watching a zoetrope is a decent analogy.

5. John says:

I was expecting a fuel-air fireball in the birthday cake GIF…

They got lucky.

• Larry says:

Hopefully it was corn starch and not flour. But I think they just got lucky. Like the night several people got stoned out of their gourds in my dorm room for the Great American Smoke-Out, in order to see just how much weed one could smoke and still live. Turned out to not be that much if it was really good weed. When Frank held out the bong to Jim for a good 5 minutes before Jim reacted, they looked like catatonia patients staring at that bong. Since someone had been buying quantities of ether at the used record shop (some actually was used for cleaning records, but most was inhaled for the very odd and short trips it brought), some asshat had the brilliant idea much later in the evening of filling the bong with ether to enhance the experience. Someone would’ve died (or nearly died) if someone not stoned hadn’t come home. Scary as fuck, in retrospect.

6. nwoldude says:

Good job sonny. We would all like to do that to a news guy! Harder. Much harder.

7. woodsterman says:

These are great! That first one is the one that had me laughing the loudest.

8. Mac says:

The skid down with the BK is damn daring considering they they are chronically underpowered. The South African Police Air Wing banned their use in mountain flying years ago after a nasty crash.

9. SAM says:

Well I can never see that girl turning into a Snowflake.

10. Rob says:

What was up with the pilot one?

11. Gryphon says:

Not Sure that Pilot took a Lightning Strike- Definite Smoke Trail to His Right after the Flash. I’m guessing He just barely Dodged a Rocket, that didn’t Detonate on Proximity Fuse (there are Jammers to do that)