Some watchdog

WAUKESHA, Wis. – A woman in Waukesha was surprised to find a stranger sleeping on her dog’s bed next to her 150-pound Mastiff on Tuesday morning.

This entry was posted in Dogs. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Some watchdog

1. snuffy says:

Mastiff is a generic, catch-all term. There are probably over 50 different breeds of mastiffs, and the temperament runs the gamut from super friendly to exactly the opposite. Sounds like this woman has the wrong type, if she thinks leaving her door unlocked is a good idea.

2. Bacon says:

I don’t take liberties with unknown dogs but quite a number of owners have expressed shock when their otherwise aggressive dogs trot up to me, tails wagging, to be petted. I have no idea what I’m doing to cause this behavior.

• Annie says:

It’s not so much what you do as who you are. You have a good soul. Dogs can sense that. We had a dog once who was friendly with almost everyone. When he showed a dislike to someone we knew that that was someone to avoid.

• Sanders says:

Whenever my kids would bring a new friend over, the dog had to approve them. If the dog (Aussie Cattle Dog) growled at them, they were not allowed over again. Now that it is several years later and we can see how those kids turned out, the dog was right every time.

• Bacon says:

Why thank you Ms. Annie, what a kind thing to say!

3. Lisa says:

My 180# Cane Corso, cannot abide! When the kids were here over the holidays he barked at them every morning….He protects Mommy….

4. Lisa says:

Hillbilly’ Chachi is the James Bond of dogs! I also have an extremely beautiful Australian Shepard! Yet, every person we come across during our 3 mile morning walk comments on Chachi! Mastiffs are COOL by nature….And I will totally provide photos!

Happy New Year to Kenny and Miss Lisa. May God make is face shine upon you both