The Blue Fugates of Troublesome Creek

When Benjamin “Benjy” Stacy was born 1975, nurses and doctors were shocked and confused. Rather than coming out a bright shade of crimson like most babies, Benjy was born with dark blue skin. Doctors were so worried by this alien skin color that they called an ambulance to take Benjy the 116 miles from his hometown outside Hazard, Kentucky to the University of Kentucky Medical Center.

After two days of testing, the doctors were no closer to understanding why little Benjy’s skin was blue. Then Benjy’s grandmother spoke up, asking, “Have you ever heard of the blue Fugates of Troublesome Creek?”

At that point, Benjy’s father, Alva Stacy, explained to the doctors, “My grandmother Luna on my dad’s side was a blue Fugate. It was real bad in her.”

This entry was posted in WTF?, You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Blue Fugates of Troublesome Creek

1. Not buying it…bet she cheated on him with a smurf.

2. rayvet says:

I think we have a population of these folks here in North Georgia. The town of Tyger to be exact. It’s close to where deliverance was filmed if that give you any idea of the types of isolated folks that live here. I had some classmates that were majoring in genetics and they would visit the town periodically to learn about the hereditary of the condition. Never saw it myself but this condition sounds like what I was told they had in Tyger.

3. Sanders says:

I had a roommate in the Army from Hazard, Kentucky. He was built like a barrel and all muscle.

That guy could talk your ears off. He went outside the club one night to fight some guy. They came back in to the club and the guy bought his drinks the rest of the night – they never fought.

If he ever talked about the blue people, I wasn’t paying attention – because he was always talking.

4. nonncom says:

I always wondered where the song “Am I Blue” came from….

5. Skipperdaddy says:

I woulda stuck some TV rabbit ears on that kid and called the National Enquirer.

6. Just a Chemist says:

Yep.. it’s real. Anyone want the reference for the journal article where the genetics was worked out? The entire Fugate clan is -completely inbred- descended from a single breeding pair.

7. MadMarlin says:

Poe should have used that in “House of Usher”.

8. Mike-SMO says:

The Fugates could probably do well in India. In the Hindu parts, anyway.