When you have more money than sense

When signage for Doggy Style began popping up in San Francisco’s Noe Valley neighborhood last month, it was accompanied with the usual grumbling and eye-rolling about the city’s nouveau riche.

After all, a private members-only doggy daycare offering an “innovative dog experience” for up to $1,500 a month in a city in the midst of a humanitarian crisis over homelessness smacks of a well-groomed French bulldog yipping: “Let them eat kibble.”

Noe Valley SF, a hyperlocal blog, decried the Doggy Style co-owner Rachel Swann for “bringing ridicule” to the neighborhood, while comments on an SFGate article about the business ranged from scoffing at “people with too much time and money” to the vaguely threatening: “When the Bolsheviks are looking for the first people to shoot, club members will be at the top of the list.”

This entry was posted in California, Dogs, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to When you have more money than sense

1. Lineman says:

People will tolerate rich people as long as they don’t keep having their noses rub in it that they aren’t rich…The elites though have been rubbing our noses in it for a long time now and people are getting fed up with it…Now don’t get me wrong usually the anger by the people are used in a way that the elite want because people are so damn ignorant but thats beside the point…

2. Antibubba says:

Hurray for capitalism!

3. skycat says:

When the Bolsheviks are looking for ANY people to shoot it’s past time to start shooting Bolsheviks.

4. Tim in AK says:

How many thought “Doggy Style” was a sex club before reading farther?

I can’t be the only one…..

5. SgtBob says:

Ferrari, Lamborghini, doggy day care. They got money, they spend money.

6. Stretch says:

The only good Commie is a dead Commie … Bolshie or otherwise.

7. GI-had Joe says:

It’s like old home week. I used to live with my Great Aunt Rene five blocks from this place in the late 80’s on Sanchez and Army (now misnamed for Cesar Chavez). I used to walk my dog past there everyday. Much has changed.

8. Bobo the Hobo says:

This is brilliant! Would that I had the capital to start such a business. As Antibubba said, Hurrah for capitalism!