Here ya go, Sammy – this one’s for you

This entry was posted in Videos, WTF? and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Here ya go, Sammy – this one’s for you

1. rayvet says:

When I was a kid growing up I remember an uncle of mine. He was married to my Dad’s sister. My dad’s entire family hated the guy for reasons I didn’t know cause I guess I was too young. Well he was black belt in something. One day, the family were laughing their asses off because, as the story goes, he was behind someone at a red light that didn’t go when it turned green. He leaned on the horn. Guy got out of the car and walked back towards my uncle who stated “he better stay back, he’s got a black belt”. Apparently the guy, unfazed, reached in the window and with one punch knocked my uncle out. My dad’s family were all bragging about how they weren’t going to go to the hospital to visit him (yes, it was that hard of a punch or he had that much of a glass jaw). After that incident, Uncle Wayne never regaled me with his black belt karate stories. These videos and pictures made me think of that which I hadn’t thought of in probably 40 years.

2. Unclezip says:

Where I come from, if you tell someone you’re gonna whup their ass, you’re likely to get “…and you’ll shit and fall back in it, too”.

Yeah, but Sammy was famous for his “I’ll meet you on any street corner of your choice” provided you were clear across the country, 20 or more years older than him or was dying of cancer.
      Funny, but even with all the shit we caused him, he never once issued that challenge to me. Hell, he even came to my town and didn’t even stop by my house for a visit.

3. Stonyground says:

I have a black belt in karate though I haven’t trained in over twenty years. I never ever thought that I was invincible. No matter how good you think you are there are always going to be people who are better. If you’re dealing with someone that you don’t know, how do you know how good a fighter he is? You don’t, and if you make a habit of getting in everybody’s face ‘cos you’ve got a black belt, you will come unstuck one day.

4. I wonder if IIITurd’s blue gi is the same shade of blue as his blue guns and blue balls? Wait, I forgot…no balls there, just a ceremonial knife that slipped during the “consummation” ritual. At least he now has a meat pocket to store it in.

5. Critter says:

I dunno, that last one seems kinda cool.

• warhorse says:

until he figures out that the samurai usually didn’t have wives, and fucked each other because another samurai wouldn’t betray you.

6. Cavguy says:

Technique man technique

7. Guairdean says:

“I know Karate” “Cool, do you know any other dangerous words?”

8. tallow pot says:

Why, I never woulda believed it if’n I aint seen with my own eyes! The comeuppance videos are great when the self delusions get ironed out.

9. Sanders says:

My cousin, who was 1 year older than me, was going on about how he had been going to karate lessons and could kick my ass. He said he could even break a board with his hands. So, I broke one over his head.

He never tried any karate on me after that.

10. pigpen51 says:

My uncle was in the Navy. He was drinking in some bar in Okinawa. He was picking on a Japanese guy, who was just a small guy. Finally the small guy got pissed, and kicked my uncle once, and my uncle was knocked out, and when he came too, said that he apologized to the guy and bought him a drink and never made that mistake again.

11. Scruff says:

in my teen years I tried the badass thing a couple times. after waking up on the ground, bleeding and in pain,each time, I reconsidered.

12. ChuckN says:

I’ve been training in karate and judo since I was a kid. The two biggest problem I run into are; that people who think any training trumps size and age (a friend who teaches karate like to remind his class “the bigger they are, they harder they fall……the harder they punch, the harder they kick etc…); and the new black belts who have to find out the hard way that earning a black belt isn’t an end goal but only the start of where the real learning begins.

There’s a youtube channel, Enter the Dojo, hilarious stuff. Has Sammy written all over it.

13. bradoplata says:

Here’s my kid learning it right. https://www.instagram.com/p/BrtlOViggFK/

Play nice.