Tentative deal reached to avoid shutdown

Congressional negotiators announced an “agreement in principle” Monday night on a broad spending bill they hope will satisfy President Donald Trump’s demands for additional border barriers and avert another government shutdown at the end of this week.

The compromise represents a remarkable turnaround for negotiators tasked with staving off another shutdown, just hours after lawmakers on both sides said the talks were on the brink of falling apart.

This entry was posted in Illegals, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Tentative deal reached to avoid shutdown

1. Kaptain Kaos says:

Less than two billion and it only buys 55 miles of fence? That is not acceptable. Build the damn wall already.

2. Tsgt Joe says:

As much as it sticks in my craw, I think he aught to take it and go. My friends who only read conservative sources dont realize how successful the left has been in painting the right as selfish racists. Get 2 billion this year, demand the same next year, after all the precident will be set.

• POd American says:

He needs to reject this bullshit compromise. Let it go back to congress so they get the blame for shutting down the government. He can already take money out of the bloated defense budget and get going with what he promised. I doubt he’ll do that , but that’s exactly what he should do….tell em all to go to hell. Override my veto and reap the wind!

If we don’t hold him to his promise then he’s nothing more than another McConnell, Ryan, Piglousy, Cortez.

3. WestcoastDeplorable says:

I think Pres Trump should take the deal, then declare an emergency to get the rest. Fuck ’em.

4. pigpen51 says:

I think that he will take what he can get, as it sets a precedent. Then, when they run out of money from the first couple of billion, the Democrats will probably give him more, only on the sly, so that the public will not know that Trump is getting it. No doubt that Trump had to give something up in return for getting this first money. Trump is a skilled negotiator, and even though he was not sitting in that room, you can bet that his influence was there.
    Many people who have written Trump off as being worthless as a president, have done so at their own risk. Donald Trump has made his entire life and fortune by being skilled at both making deals that always benefit himself, and keep the possible exposure to risk away from his side. Just because he is president, and not a businessman, does not mean that he has changed. The first two years have proven that. Just type into a google search or some other search engine if you hate google, Trump successes, and you will be shown just exactly how much he has really accomplished, when it is not filtered by the yellow journalists, or the left crybabies. He actually could go down in history as one of the most successful presidents in history, if not for the bias of the media. It really is amazing, to see that he has done almost exactly what he has promised when he was running for office. Well worth the time, if you are interested.

• Nemo says:

… and he’s done it WITHOUT much support fro his own traitorous party. The wall issue should have been settled WELL before the 2018 mid-terms and would have been if not for the stellar “leadership” in both the House and the Senate.

Both those assholes will rue the day they didn’t support Trump’s agenda.

5. Sedition says:

Shut the fucker down and BUILD THE FUCKIN’ WALL!

6. Bacon says:

I want the wall built. But the shutdown was a good thing. If I had to choose between the wall and a “permanent” shutdown, I’d take the shutdown instead. We’d still get the wall built after some delay, but we’d clear out a lot more deadwood in the meantime!

• When I saw those endless stories about the shutdown and ‘suffering’ government employees I only wished that they were right in front of me, so I could piss on them.

Play nice.