There’s going to be a lot of happy mechanics out there

All that water being sucked up into those air intakes? Water doesn’t compress…

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to There’s going to be a lot of happy mechanics out there

1. Nemo says:

Apparently there are people left in the world that didn’t get the memo about NOT driving your car through rushing water. Idiots.

2. Bert says:

From an old Enduro rider: Always cross the river at its widest point.

3. More like a lot of happy crooked used car dealers who try to find suckers who don’t know what a salvage title is.

4. Jeremy says:

Scrap. All they are good for now is parts.

• WoodBurner says:

Scrap yes, Parts not so much.

Dinged up and full of mud.

I do like the guy surveying the situation from the top of the trailer.

• nwoldude says:

Yup! A lot of happy scrapyard owners.

5. Steve says:

@Chris Mallory & @Jeremy have it right. When the dirt (grit) gets into the transmission, that’s gone, and into the wiring, it’ll short & never be right.

We were warned after Katrina to be sure to verify the VIN before purchasing for that very reason. Although the crooked dealers have tried to pass on without a salvage title. Check in the voids in the doors, to see if there is mud, because those locations usually aren’t steam cleaned.

Buyer beware.

We got a lot of Katrina vehicles in Modesto, too. The tell there was the water and mud stains up on the firewall of the engine compartment. Central California doesn’t get enough rain to stain it that high up.

6. bgarrett says:

Mechanics are not happy about corrosion on every electrical connection that causes random problems

7. dilligaf says:

Was out 4 wheeling with some friends and a buddy of mine hydrolocked his motor during a water crossing. I pulled him to dry land and told him to get busy pulling the spark plugs. Once he had them out , I gave him a flashlight and told him to look down in the cylinder and tell me if any water comes out, while I cranked the motor. Chuckling to myself I cranked her over. He got hit so hard in the face I thought it was goin to peel his eyelids off. I about fell out of the truck laughing my ass off. What I didnt think of, during the run up to this joke, was that the water had been in there heat soaking for half an hour….. lt didnt quite reach scalding temps, but was darn close. Noted….

I still chuckle when I think of that blast hitting his face though..

8. Trib says:

hey a car hauler just arrived and they a having a great deal on used cars at Fred’s.

Play nice.