Ya think?

WASHINGTON – California Republicans in the wake of severe midterm election losses called foul on new state laws that made it easier for people to register to vote, contending an accompanying rise in first-time voters contributed to the GOP’s defeat in seven heavily contested congressional districts.

Ousted Republican Reps. Jeff Denham of Turlock and Mimi Walters of Laguna Nigel each in separate exit interviews with McClatchy argued that programs like Motor Voter, which automatically registers people to vote when they apply for a driver’s license, tilted elections against them.

Now, in data obtained by McClatchy, numbers show at least one of those laws likely had no effect on those outcomes in six of the seven races, but Moter Voter might have cost one California Republican his seat.

This entry was posted in California, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Ya think?

1. wayne says:

What happened to the program by which you had to prove your citizenship to renew your license? I understood it was mandated by the Fed as part of Homeland Security measures for all states. I had to do it it 2013 to obtain the “gold star” on my license. I have no problem with motor voter programs as long as they only register people that qualify for the “gold star”.

2. Paul B says:

dems are crooks. and reps are not far behind

3. Bad_Brad says:

Believe me, the Motor Voter shit show is just the tip of the ice berg in this state. I honestly think if your cleaned out the Elections Department in this state, and stopped the rest of the fraud this state might still vote conservative. It’s like living in occupied Germany in the 40’s. Why even vote.

4. Sanders says:

That’s what you call closing the barn door after the horses have already escaped…

• crazyeighter says:

It’s too late; any attempt at election/votor reform will be denounced as “Disenfranchising minorities”.

5. CC says:

In what way is the democrat party not like a malignant growth?
    Time to start treating cancer like cancer.