That’s a big ass bug

I used to have one of these scorpions, I believe it was called an Asian King. While I was never stung by it, I was told that it wasn’t any worse than a bee sting.
The general rule of thumb is the the smaller the scorpion, the worse the sting.

This entry was posted in Gifs. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to That’s a big ass bug

1. singlestack says:

In Mississippi we have wood scorpions. Most are about 2 inches long, though I’ve seen a couple around 4 inches.
    I get them in my house some, usually in the bathroom. I’ve been stung twice and I hope I never get stung again. It’s about like a red wasp. They don’t just sting once either. The little bastards will hit you 10 or 12 times in the same spot before you can react.

2. BigCountryExpat says:

Totally true… In Iraq we’d find big honkin’ monster looking Scorps and they’d have a ‘live and let live’ attitude… that being said one of my employees got bit by this itty-bitty teeny fucker, and within 10 minutes his foot and ankle had swole up to the size of I shit you not a soccer ball…. they had to Medvac his ass to Balad to the CASH there b/c they didn’t have the antivenom on our base…

3. the other jack says:

basic rule in nature. if you’re small you had better be fast or mean. both is better.

4. Klaus says:

It’s called a emperor scorpion. Their sting is less than a bee and can eat an amazing amount of crickets. If you put a black light on them they are a flourecent green. One of my best friends family owned a pet store so I got to see all kinds of neat shit.

5. Michael in Nelson says:

Looks like it has had its stinger removed.

6. Sedition says:

I had an Emperor when I lived in Orlando…he helped me get rid of a psycho bitch I was dating. She said “I don’t like that thing.” I said “What do you mean THAT thing…there’s suppose to be two of them in there.” She wouldn’t step foot back in my place.

7. tallow pot says:

In Arizona you shake out your boots before you put them on in the morning, because of these. They also put the legs of baby cribs in coffee cans with kerosene in the bottom. https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/plant/ppd/PDF/Centruroides_sculpturatus.pdf

8. WestcoastDeplorable says:

I got stung by an itty-bitty scorpion one morning when I lived in FL. I was just waking up, and when I stretched the damn thing got me on the tip of my index finger. Hurt like hell. The lesson: avoid scorpions (and female scorpios for that matter…they’re fucking crazy).

9. Butch says:

I have had two stings from our brown scorpions here in South Texas. Both times the sting felt like an electrical charge. My Dad got stung once and he said the same thing, that it was like getting hit by some high voltage.

We bought an old house many years ago, and the area we live in is very sandy. We had loads of scorpions the first year, but I began fogging the house about once a month (Raid foggers) and besides roaches we don’t have any bugs living in the house.

Play nice.