And now you know…

This entry was posted in Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to And now you know…

1. Bert says:

Maybe we should start giving a shot of whiskey to the really hyper kids before they go off to school instead of their life altering meds.

2. Cederq says:

I’ll drink to that!

3. grego says:

Too expensive for me. Even the rotgut.

4. Sanders says:

Sounds good to me!

Wine can’t be as good as they say, as it gives me terrible headaches. Whiskey, not so much.

• Bacon says:

Red wine is “as good as they say” for our health, based on the ellagic acid and other antioxidants. But it also contains several other chemicals that can potentially cause headaches, depending on your personal, physiological susceptibility.

Could be the histamines, the tyramines, the phenolics, the prostaglandins, the sulfites, or certain amino acids that get modified during fermentation. You can determine which it is by figuring out what else besides wine gives you those headaches, then choose a wine low in those elements. Also, it is very often the food eaten with the wine is the real culprit in causing the headaches, due to the way they interact during digestion.

5. Stevie says:

Hey, Canadian whiskey dude checking in…Crown Royal is one of my four food groups etc…
    It was said way back in classical times that you shouldn’t mix the grape and the grain, so pick your poison, whiskey or wine.
    However, if you persevere you can have your dram and vino too.
    It works for me, and I sleep like a baby.

6. Judy says:

I’ll stick to rum and tequila, thank you very much.

• MadMarlin says:

Ha, I can’t do tequila. The last time I hit tequila I wound up in Galveston, Tx, (almost 90 miles from my house) and I still don’t know how I got there. Woke up on the beach with just my shorts and shirt, no money, no car, no idea what the hell happened. No tequila for me ever again.

• Cederq says:

Miss Judy, rum will make you giddy, and tequila will put you on your back…

• Judy says:

LOL, y’all are drinking it wrong and for some reason I don’t have a hangover with either one. But whisky…six weeks later I’m still a funny shade of yellow.

7. Towser says:

One note, I was at a conference run by a well-respected doctor, whom I also know personally quite well. I can vouch that he is an incredibly brilliant and learned man. One of the attendees become ill with food poisoning. The doctor immediately recommended she take a shot or two of whiskey. From what I see of this video, his advice makes more sense than ever.

8. Logan5 says:

I just the best whisky I’ve ever tried. High Country Campfire. $65 a bottle but incredible