Good question

This entry was posted in FB. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Good question

1. James Fortney says:

Kenny, totally out in the weeds, discovered a singer on Utube today named Mean Mary. She is awesome! Can’t find any albums, but she has quite a few songs on Utube.

Damn, you ain’t lying! She’s good on that banjo and has a great voice.

• pigpen51 says:

I can’t figure out just who her voice reminds me of. I hear tinges of Mary Chapin Carpenter, but this Mean Mary has a voice with more of the working class in it. I subscribed to her chanel so I can go back to listen to her concert.

2. pigpen51 says:

I worked in a steel melt shop, and at one time, my job was weighing up metal for heats. It involved getting incoming scrap from customers returns, and adding it along with virgin material, and getting it ready for the correct chemistry for each heat.
    I spilled a barrel of golf club heads out of 4 barrels on a skid on the floor once. 3 guys stood and watched me pick it up, then another came over and watched with them. I really cannot even imagine doing something like that. Some people just have a different mindset than others. I could not ever be like that. I think it has something to do with my parents. Thank God.

• Roman Lance says:

Well considering how this feminism thing has spilled over and drastically changed how society interacts nowadays…a guy could be forgiven for not lending aid to someone in “apparent” distress for fear of being told to “F’off I can do it myself”.

I’ve tried offering manual help to people and on many occasions and have been told that they can handle it. So I just don’t offer anymore.

Of course when they want money, or free tax work, well yeah that kind of help is always accepted. I Just don’t expect gratitude for it.

• Elmo says:

That’s a foreign concept to me also. When I worked in the woods, if somebody needed help or you saw something that needed doing you did it. That’s just the way it was. There was always the occasional slug that would try to do as little as possible but they never seemed to last too long.

• Woody says:

I think it’s called “Not my Job” attitude.

3. Daniel K Day says:

Way back in about 1974 or so, I worked a temporary job in a warehouse for one of the big grocery chains. A forklift driver had spilled part of his load of soft drinks. There were several employees around, and someone started helping the driver clean up. Another full-time worker there stopped him, saying “You fuck it up, you pick it up.”
    “Not my job” attitude, exactly.

4. Kenny the Scot says:

Is that a coffee shop? When I first saw the photo I thought to myself, “That looks like an AA meeting.”

Play nice.