Illinois goes all out on gun confiscation

Senate Amendment 1 to Senate Bill 44, introduced by Sen. Hastings, would among other things, direct Illinois State Police to designate “gun liaison officers” to work with local law enforcement in order to seize Firearm Owner Identification cards (FOID) that are revoked and to confiscate all firearms and ammunition in possession of the individual. Revoked FOID cards would include those that have been allowed to expire, even if there were to be a pending application for renewal at the time. If there are multiple FOID holders in a household and one member has their FOID revoked, nothing would prevent law enforcement from simply seizing all firearms and ammunition in the house. The legislation makes no mention as to how an individual may recover their property if it’s incorrectly seized or if they re-acquire a FOID card. There are no provisions to allow those revoked FOID holders to sell or dispose of their firearms to licensed dealers or valid FOID holders.

This entry was posted in Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Illinois goes all out on gun confiscation

1. J says:

Now we are getting some idea how this is going to happen

2. QP says:

Illinois is a shithole run by bad people.

3. Pointy End Out says:

Lotta dead LEOs in Illinois in the future…

• FaCubeItches says:

Dead from what? BLM has punched more police tickets than all of the “What part of ‘shall not be infinged’ do you not understand?” chestbeaters

• Sarthurk says:

I asked my dental hygenist yesterday if her deputy sheriff husband was going to come to my house if they banned so called “Assault” weapons in Oregon. She said her husband would retire. ;-)

4. Bad_Brad says:

Trump needs to put his money where his mouth is and draft an EO for the 2nd amendment just like he’s doing for the 1st amendment. If any state has gun laws that are more severe than Federal Gun Laws the feds cut off all funding. Libtards are going nuts.

5. CC says:

Just like Nazi Germany – we’re all Jews now.

6. the other other Andrew says:

Man, I just hate Illinois Nazis.

Can’t believe no-one else said it.

7. Paul B says:

THe funding should be cut off to any sanctuary city, county or state.

As to illinois you can still get a 8″ PVC pipe with caps. Just saying. Have thoought about doing that here in one of my gardens, just as a back up to back up to back up

8. Bill says:

It would appear Sen. Hastings needs to visited by the 3 ghosts…. I hope his Army training will protect his family….

9. CarlS says:

I lived in Highland Park for a couple of years. When I left the state, my FOID was still valid, for about another 6 months or so. Three years later, I received a letter from Illinois threatening me if I did not renew, and they said they would require me to turn in all my weapons. In reply, I let them know what I think about people who are so incompetent they can’t even understand what “no longer reside in Illinois” means. That was in 1993. It appears their hiring standards and job performance evaluations have not improved.

Politicians and Bureaucrats and their armed minions need to grasp what “Rights” means. Rights are not granted by a state, nor by the feds. So says the many Letters of the Founding Fathers discussions lwhich lead up to the adoption of the Constitution, and so says it, if you read what is says and not what you want it to say. Rights can not be taken away by the passing of a law, even if said law is not blatantly unconstitutional.

Self-defense against agents of any organization who are committing the crime of violating rights through the threat of deadly force is completely justified. Following federal, state, and local guidelines of “act, not react” means we citizens can also choose to be proactive in the defense.

What’s that maxim? Oh, yeah . . .”The best defense is a good offense.” MAD was invented at the international level, but think it through; it also works at all levels.

I know that’s not just my opinion.

10. GI-had Joe says:

Someone is gonna get shot…just saying.

11. crazyeighter says:

I wonder how this is going to work in those southern Illinois counties that have declared themselves 2nd Amendment Sanctuaries and and the Sheriff tells ISP to go fuck themselves and do it with their own people or not at all.

12. Elmo says:

“governor’s wing in the state prison”
    Thanks for the laugh.

13. wes says:

Don’t live in Illinois but we do live in a state with its own set of encroachments on our rights enumerated in 2A. To counter our bullshit from TPTB, we just finished another build with PSA parts and an 80%. Took all of about an hour start to finish to circumvent all the bullshit. Took it out to the range and it runs just fine. Two down and at least three more to go before we stop. Might build a few more just to spit in their eye.

Like my thieving father used to express, “They can’t do anything about something they don’t know about.” We really aren’t AR15 folks but it sure is a fun way to poke them in the eye with a sharp stick.

wes
    wtdb

14. Jayhawk46 says:

Four more years and I can retire and get the hell out of this dumbass state.
    We’re the only state that has a governor’s wing in the state prison, and I’m sure we’re getting Pritzger’s cell ready.

15. Paraclete says:

I’ve noticed many states are “pushing” similar edicts
    against gun owners and dealers. No matter how they
    wash it, illegal edicts and ordinances are alien to our
    Constitution and become null and void. When they
    move to enforce these illegal writs of tyranny the obvious
    will come to pass. Which is exactly what they want to happen.
    So they can point and say, “see, those evil gun owners”
    No matter how it plays out, enemies of our Republic will
    be brought to justice, one way or another. As a side…
    Limp wrist Graham has aligned himself with the enemies
    of our Republic, which wasn’t a huge surprise…
    Yes, my fellow AMERICANS, the need to throw off the mantle
    of oppression and tyranny, which arrived a while back, the time
    to act is now. Lay in the stores your short on, and top off those
    which you can. Our day of liberty is fast approaching.

16. Spin Drift says:

Why I left 4 years ago, took a $90k loss on the house but it was worth it. My FOID card just expired, I wonder if I’m gonna get a letter? Oh, if you are a visitor to Illinois you actually have gun rights. The laws only apply to residents.

Spin