Just say no

Want a little kick with your whiskey? If so you’ll be elated to hear that Tabasco barrels are about to get a second life in the best way possible, aging whiskey. According to a press release, George Dickel Tennessee Whisky has teamed up with Tabasco maker the McIhenny Company to bring the good whisky loving and hot pepper people of America a Tabasco-infused spice riddled whisky.

*****

Man, I used to drink the hell out of George Dickel when I was younger. It’s got a very similar taste to Jack Daniels, but it’s a lot smoother.
But there’s no way in hell I’d ever try this shit – I want my whiskey to taste like whiskey, not Tabasco or cinnamon like that snowflake Fireball. If you can’t handle the taste of whiskey, then don’t drink it.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Just say no

1. Sanders says:

I like Tabasco, and I like whiskey, but dang sure don’t want to blend the two them together – even if it is to just take on the flavor from the barrel.

2. Gspscout says:

I don’t like flavored whisky either but I love Tabasco. I tried a bottle of this and I liked it pretty good a shot at a time but like my regular George much better with just a cube or two

3. SgtBob says:

Yep. And I don’t want any whiskey in Tabasco sauce.

4. censusdesignatedplace says:

Agreed. And no apple cinnamon nutmeg fucking crunch in my beer, either!

5. Elmo says:

Amen, Brother. Sing it!

6. Bill Slim says:

Evan Williams Black Label Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey with ice cold spring water added to taste. Price ain’t bad either…

7. Bert says:

Guys who drink flavored whiskey or beer most likely have no pubic hair.

8. Stretch says:

There comes a time when we must start burning the heretics. This is such a time.

9. Justin Stace says:

Yea, maybe. But it’s not like they are mixing the sauce into the whiskey, right? Just picking up a shade of the flavor left from the ageing of the hot sauce.
    But the Scots figured that if they aged their scotch in used sherry barrels (from southern Europe), it took some of the nasty out of their single malt straight, and folks other than freezing Scots would drink it.
    I’m told that it is very hard to find “true” scotch outside of the highlands, the stuff looks something like 80-proof Guinness and tastes exactly like the peat smoke the malted barley was baked in.
    But I’m not really a liquor man, much prefer a good solid IPA.

10. CC says:

I was gifted some cinnamon JD many years ago; it sits uncracked still on the top shelf of the pantry.
    Waste of good JD, IMHO.