“Load up, Trigger”

Passing a truck carrying a horse on the highway typically results in a scrunched-up face due to the smell, but in this extremely strange case, it led to looks of disbelief. Rather than using a proper trailer, a Texas pickup driver was caught doing 70 mph on the highway while a horse stood in the bed unprotected.
MORE/VIDEO
-Joe Mama

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to “Load up, Trigger”

1. Fjord says:

Don’t see a gooseneck hitch in the bed, so no, probably couldn’t use that truck.
    And the horse is probably insured.

Not sure if they’d pay in those circumstances. And luckily no one got hurt.

A few weeks ago we were parked next to these two idiot women trying to load a TB that refused to go forward and it gashed its leg pretty badly in the process, but the whole time I was thinking it’s going to break lose and trample someone or crumple our truck.

2. WestcoastDeplorable says:

When I was a kid we used to haul livestock and ponies in a pickup, but we made wooden racks so they couldn’t fall out. As long as you didn’t drive like an asshole, no problems

3. Elmo says:

All four feet firmly planted on a stall mat. Looks like he knows what he’s doing, and that he’s having a good time doing it.

4. Andy says:

And some asshole called the cops. It is legal in Texas, albeit not to damn smart, but legal none the less.

5. Jeffery in Alabama says:

Personally, I wouldn’t haul a horse like that. Horses (and cows for that matter) do slip down on wooden floored livestock trailers occasionally though slipping would not be near as likely as a shod horse standing in a metal truck bed. My thing is it was this guy’s truck and his horse. There was no harm and no foul.The story is just another example of how the world can be going to hell in a handbasket and the media focuses on an animal story.

• fjord says:

there is a lot of attention on livestock owners/pet owners because the drive is to eradicate it so
      everyone is an abuser.

a certain segment of society has some need to villify or create constant victims (virtue signalling). it’s a progtard thing. of which almost all of media is infected

6. Sanders says:

Did that with my Dad when I was a kid. Had racks on the sides and back of the pickup, though. I know plenty of ranchers who haul their horses in the back of the pickup, but it is always with racks – not like that.

• Bacon says:

That wasn’t very nice of you Sanders, not to let your Dad ride up in the cab with you. But at least you used racks to keep him from falling out of the bed.

7. M. Sage says:

It’s not a horse, just a really big dog.

8. James says:

That is the normal way here in Nicaragua. If you had a horse trailer people would look at you funny.
    I have seen two Brahma bulls in a Toyota bed, they were cool, the driver was cool and nobody was ratting them out!

9. BG says:

He came from Angelina County (Lufkin) into Polk County (Corrigan). It’s another world there. When Texas Monthly has a column called “Meanwhile in Lufkin”, well that should tell you something. I’m not saying what the dude did was wrong. It’s just how it is.

10. Butch says:

Many years ago when I was working the local sales barn, an old black man in a older beat-up pickup drove up and asked where he could unload his bull.

In the bed of the pickup was the largest bull we had ever seen. His head was over the cap of the truck and his tail hung over the tail gate. On either side the old man had tied two old mangled galvanized gates to serve as racks.

And after we told the old man what alley to back up to, we were all wondering about that bull, he wasn’t making any movement what-so-ever. And this is even as the old man hits a power pole and a corner fence post, he couldn’t see where he was backing to, his mirror was full of bull.

Anyway, he got where we wanted him and as he got out and came around to lower the tail gate, he told all of us we’d better get on the top or behind the stall fencing. When we asked why, he told us that bull was going to come unglued when he took the barbed wire off his balls.