New Hampshire says no to Red Flag law – this year

CONCORD — A proposal to bring a so-called “red flag law” to New Hampshire is dead for this year, as a legislative committee on Wednesday voted unanimously to retain the bill for further study.

The “red flag” bill, if signed into law, would enable a law enforcement officer, family or household member, or intimate partner to file a petition with a district division of the Circuit Court, alleging that the person named in the petition poses a significant risk of causing bodily injury to himself or others by having a firearm.
-Padawan

This entry was posted in Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to New Hampshire says no to Red Flag law – this year

1. Mike H says:

lets make sure we find out who these treasonous vermin are and make sure they know the error of their ways

2. Nemo says:

“voted unanimously to retain the bill for further study”. All that means is the Dems are hoping the next election further pads their majority so that the bill is assured of passage. Of note, the bill was rated “ought to pass” by the legislative committee.

• Padawan says:

That’s democratic code for “we’ll forcefully shove this bill down the state’s throat one way or another.”

• bobdog says:

“The “red flag” bill, if signed into law, would enable…” angry ex-girlfriends, ex-wives, political hacks, crusading news media and angry teenagers “…to file a petition with a district division of the Circuit Court, alleging that the person named in the petition poses a significant risk of causing bodily injury to himself or others by having a firearm.”

Be careful what you wish for, folks. That SWAT team may be headed to YOUR house (whether you own firearms or not).

On the surface, it sounds like a perfectly reasonable proposition. Until it gets misused.

• warhorse says:

weaponize it. if you barely know the chief of police, red flag him.

the head of the local democrat party? “he threatened to “make me pay” I think he has guns and I’m scared”

take what they plan to use against us, turn it up to 11 and throw it back at them so hard they flinch.

• warhorse says:

starting in 2020 the residency laws for voting in NH are changing…it used to be “domicile” could mean anything. people would fly in, vote, and fly home the next day..because they “felt” like a NH resident at the time.

so this is the problem it fixes….

• Padawan says:

You do realize that while this law is a good thing for the state it creates problems for people like me who have an address in one town that’s listed on their ID but live in another. I wouldn’t be all that surprised if when this law takes effect I’m forced to vote in Hampstead even though I live in Manchester.