A fucking cow???

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to A fucking cow???

1. the other other Andrew says:

Well, knew a Vietnam era Marine who was assigned the task of shooting elephants in country on a certain trail, because the VC would load an elephant down, cover it with another elephant’s hide, and send them ambling down the trail. My Marine friend said secondary explosions were reported in over 95% of the cases. Seems they had taken an AF 20mm cannon and turned it into a sniper-ish anti-material rifle.

Exploding Elephants. What a wonderful world we live in…

2. Steve S. says:

I knew a USAF A-7 pilot who got a water buffalo in Viet Nam – in level flight, with a rocket.
    I worked with some weird people in my 20 years in the Chair Force.
    Probably some of them thought the same of me!

3. Phssthpok says:

Probably a French aircraft….

4. Bad_Brad says:

That damn cow won’t be farting anymore.

5. warhorse says:

my helicopter squadron killed a cow. we landed in a field in new jersey and it had a heart attack.

my dad killed a cow with a 106RR at a range on vieques island off puerto rico.

6. Kapt Kaos says:

I want to hear the story behind that one. My money is on instant Carne asada served up via the gun site.

7. Mike Papa says:

In Thailand you can pay the local army to shoot full auto aks, pkms & even an rpg. The target for the rpg is usually a cow.

8. Dirtscratcher says:

Evidently aviators like BBQ too.

9. John h says:

It’s probably a warthog

John h

10. Matt says:

I know of an aircraft that could’ve had a goat herd painted on the side.

Matt

11. Judy says:

Maybe, he dropped all those bombs and all he hit was a cow.

12. Andy says:

We killed one during a missile shoot once with a Sidewinder fired from the Chaparral missile system. Guess the cow was hotter than the aerial target.

13. FaCubeItches says:

One?!? One measly cow!! I done got me 50 water buffalo!
    – Full Metal Jacket door gunner

14. Butch says:

Back in the late 80’s early 90’s I was ranching west of Beeville, TX where the navy boys learn to fly jets. Many times two jets would come in just over the tree line and spook my cows and me and then just fly off laughing their POS asses off. They would zero in our heat signature. Word was getting around and some people were calling the navy to complain. But the practice continued and we all who worked the ranch lands there knew it wasn’t going to stop. Put a 21 year old in a 21 million dollar hotrod aircraft and shit is going to happen. So I, and many others like me began carrying our deer rifles to the pastures and when the jets would roar by, we’d would try and give them some holes to think about.

Years later I ran into an A&P guy who was working civil service at Beeville NAS and was telling me about all the bullet holes the trainer jets were getting. So I told him what was going on and he confirmed my suspicions about the newbie pilots being a bunch of arrogant POS assholes. He mumbled something about it being too bad none of us ranchers ever downed any of those flyboys.

As for me, it wasn’t because of lack of trying. A 270 is fast, but so is a jet plane. Trigger pull had to be almost the same time the plane was just passed overhead and then with lots of lead.

15. ChuckN says:

I’d like to think this means they dropped a cow.

16. Al_in_Ottawa says:

We all know pilots like to shoot the bull

17. Paul B says:

BIL was in the first gulf war and saw some camera film from A10’s taking out camel caravans. Guess it make camel burgers. sort of.

18. joevob says:

On a tank range noght live fire during AOBC the tank next to me got a deer with an inert HEAT round. Think of the mess the 120mm mach 3 wadcutter made.

19. mathman54 says:

JCOW instead of JSOW?

20. SgtBob says:

11th ACR Air Cav Troop gunship team in 1967, a door gunner killed a deer. The pilot landed, the crew chief picked up the deer, and the platoon had venison that night. Another gunship expended on a water buffalo herd in a large open area. When relieved, one pilot radioed to the relieving platoon, “I highly recommend the forty mike-mike.”

21. Sarthurk says:

I got one with an Oregon Dept. of Fish & Wildlife pickup truck back in ’87 I think. Up in the Deschutes river country. It, the cow, committed suicide, but I was the only witness, so, I chalked it up to protecting the Riparian zone along the river that the cows mowed down to the waters edge.

22. loaded4bear says:

My buddy’s mortar platoon was doing a night shoot. The FO was making wild corrections, which was very unusual for him. My friend called him on a side channel to ask just what in the hell he was doing. The reply came back:

Cows in the open, over.

23. Nemo says:

Cows. You just gotta lead ’em a little more.

24. Sabre22 says:

We used to get so much shit from the RSO about shooting deer on the range and people are shooting all sorts of critter is combat zones maybe they would have used less rounds if they let them shoot the deer on the ranges

25. WeeBrowser says:

I’m surprised no one else noticed the pop rivets.

Play nice.