How could I forget the anniversary of the best day of my life?

I left the State of California behind 3 years ago today for my new Home State of Tennessee.
Three years of pure happiness. Three years of Freedom.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to head to the back of the property and burn some 5.56 to celebrate.
Heh.

This entry was posted in Tennessee, Wirecutter. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to How could I forget the anniversary of the best day of my life?

1. Andy says:

Congratulations on the anniversary Kenny. Out of curiosity on my part, and just plain intelligence on your part, what made you choose TN? If I have missed a reason posted back then, please excuse me.

My wife had lived here before and had grandkids living the next county over. She missed them, so we moved here so she could watch them grow up.

• AlphaDelta says:

Just glad you survived California.

• Andy says:

No better reason than family, especially if it gets you out of shit hole state. Besides, it it were not TN, you would not have met Jack, haha

• Bert says:

Kenny, are you ever going to tell us how you found Lisa, or are we going to have to get nosy and start prying? Even guys like a heart warming love story once in a while.

Met her in the library. She was stalking me.

• Bert says:

My wife worked in a public library-most days she would come home with yet another story of a peeping tom incident (gals wore skirts in those days and would often do a squat to get to a book on a lower shelf-you can fill in the rest). Almost always it was handled by the maintenance guy-once in a while they would have to call the cops. These days the ACLU would probably get involved and sue twenty-umpteen people.

I wonder what Lisa’s word choice would be? Stalking????

I’ll bet she would be pretty diplomatic and/or romantic about the meeting-something like: “Well, he was wanting to cook a roast but didn’t know how, so we were in the cooking section and he asked me if I knew of any good cookbooks he could check out. And, the rest is history”.

2. censusdesignatedplace says:

I wish you the best day ever. We have been selling assets (and they don’t make it easy!) in order to move out from under this tax crazy sate.

3. Aelius Rex says:

Murca! I emptied some 308 and 6.5CM. Nearly had the range to myself.

4. Tarheel says:

And we thank you.

5. north carolina and tenessee from the atlantic to the mississippi

6. Paul B says:

Have to post pics. always like to see clovers.

7. Critter says:

Welcome to freedom.

8. Tom in NC says:

Y’all sure picked a nice part of the state to live in. Just a beautiful area – I can see why you like it so much. Happy Anniversary!

9. Stevie says:

Good on you, Kenny. How are the dang dogs doing?

10. Mike says:

Congrats man! Glad you made it out alive. Just when you think that state can’t get any worse it does.

11. rightwingterrorist says:

Good for ya!

12. Cabron says:

I can still shoot in my backyard in Vermont. The day that changes I pack my shit.

13. CJ Spencer says:

Happy Anniversary Kenny.

I feel the same way every February when I celebrate leaving PA for Texas.

14. WDS says:

Happy anniversary Ken, speaking as someone who was liberated from NY and then self deported from MA ain’t it awesome to go blaze away on your own property?

15. larryw says:

Congratulations. I was watching your move with great interest because that was the time my wife and I had enough of CA and were seriously looking to escape; we moved to the Boise area a year ago, and I wish we had done it sooner. My sister and brother in law were visiting last week. We went out to the BLM to do some shooting. He blasted through a couple 30-rounders and asked, “Are these legal?” I said, “This is Idaho, Joe.” By the end of the trip, they were sold. Amazing what happens when you get out of the bubble and see how the rest of the world lives.

I had a friend that not too long ago asked what kind of hoops I had to jump through to buy/build an AR pistol. He was kinda shocked when I told him, “Just order the parts or walk into a gun shop and buy it.” Not only that but you get to take it home 15 minutes later.

16. czechsix says:

Good on ya Kenny, been a year for us, CA to AK. Same thing..family counts.

17. =T. Wrangler= says:

My plan:
    CA>CO ASAP

18. Edna Anquilan Strong says:

I also am a proud refugee now living in Tennessee. June 1st will be my first anniversary of escaping the peoples republic of New York

Play nice.