Illinois Passes Law Banning Trump From 2020 Ballot

I thought Democrats were really concerned about “voter suppression?”

I guess you can’t suppress people’s votes if you don’t give them the choice in the first place. Illinois is trying that out by passing a new law that forbids Trump from being on the 2020 ballot unless he releases five years of tax returns.

This entry was posted in Liberals, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Illinois Passes Law Banning Trump From 2020 Ballot

1. Frank says:

Doubt that will pass muster.
    It would be funny to watch if Trump suggested devolving the Ill state back to a territory.

• bobdog says:

It won’t make it past the first court hearing. It’s an ex post facto law, and it’s specifically forbidden by the Constitution.

2. Back woods okie says:

More B.S. the tax payers have to fund. Illinois doesn’t have the money to finance this and as a tax payer it really pisses me to have to finance getting it struck down in the courts. We have better things to do

3. Tom says:

Fine with me…………….they would lose all of their electoral votes. Idiots.

4. bob says:

democraps version of voter suppression.

5. DCE says:

Yeah, let’s see if that passes constitutional muster. Somehow I doubt that it will, particularly when the only qualifiers to run fro president (as laid out by the constitution) are a being 35 years old, not a convicted felon, and a natural born US citizen. I haven’t seen anything about disclosing all private information (tax returns, sexual peccadillos, iTunes playlists, etc) in order to be eligible and included on a ballot. I expect a Supreme Court challenge in 3…2…1….

6. Unclezip says:

Sillinois could wind up losing everything Federal. I don’t think they would last long if the voters outside of Chicongo and Springfield decided to put a final stop to their shit.

7. They pull crap like this then wonder why so many are talking about civil war 2…

8. Jack says:

Illinois joined the national popular vote compact. Imagine the howls when the winner of Illinois’ electoral votes wasn’t even on the ballot.

• crazyeighter says:

I’d like to believe all the write-in votes for President Trump in Illinois in 2020 will be counted, but I don’t think they will be.

9. Brad says:

It’s fuckin Illinois, man, what do you expect?

10. Exile1981 says:

It will get struck down. I’d love to see 5 tears of returns for every political canidate but they only went after one, which was stupid.

11. meh says:

Well, the FBI is REQUIRED to investigate every tip they receive, even online. Mr. Munoz seems to have a personal vendetta that the FBI might be interested in…