The Best Rifle Sling?

I favor the Vtac sling for my ARs.

This entry was posted in Guns, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Best Rifle Sling?

1. MN Steel says:

I weave my own slings out of paracord.

My length, my features, my emergency rope.

It’s there to hold a rifle to your body for hands-free and steady when shooting off-hand, fer-fux-sake…

2. Jack says:

Iā€™m a Vickers Blue Force Gear sling guy.
    Padded or unpadded.
    They work perfect for me and my build.

3. Steven Wright says:

RS2 by rifle slinger.
    The finest shooting tool I have ever owned.

4. ak says:

Rifles only carbine sling

5. Sanders says:

Vtac is a nice sling. So is the Blue Force/Vickers.

6. Biblicalviolence says:

I’ve run Magpul 2/1 point slings on my ARs for years. They’ve survived use/abuse and falling down some mountain. For me at least, they’re comfortable (over plate carrier/recce rig and backpack) a stable and importantly; easily adjustable- I like to secure my rifle tight to my front while fucking around with ropes,walls,climbing terrain,etc. Patrol with it as a 2 point and yes, switch it to single point for room to room shit.
    Also have used a padded Vickers for my bolt rifles since I can remember, equally solid kit.

7. M. Sage says:

He keeps saying 3 point slings, but I don’t see any. Actual 3 point slings suck pretty hard. The Magpul and Haley are definitely not 3 point.

There are times I like a single point. Single point is fine with an AR pistol. IMO they work better with body armor, especially if you make a sling that attaches directly to your armor instead of using a loop over your shoulder.

I like the VTAC a lot. I run the un-padded version. Dunno why this guy can’t find that one.

I like the VTAC but I got mine sorta by accident. WiscoDave sent me a link to an Opticsplanet sale where they were offering a VTAC sling and 3 Magpul 10 round bench magazines for a penny. Yes, one cent – just pay shipping. I bought 10 and my total cost was under 20 bucks.

• M. Sage says:

Nice. I’d have bought a few, too.

Good slings, but the real bargain was the 10 rounders. When I left California I left mine and my bullet button in a motel room in Arizona, and realized I probably shouldn’t have done that when I tried to bench my AR. It’s much easier to do with a 10 round mag than a 30 rounder. Cheaper, too – I can’t shoot a few rounds out of a magazine and quit. It’s not bad finishing off a 10 rounder, but doing that with a 30 rounder is a waste of ammo and money.