The New Face of Crime

Imagine that your son or brother has joined a protest against government corruption. During the demonstration, police arrive and force them onto a bus. You rush to the site of the event; you ask about him, but no one tells you anything. You keep searching, your anxiety mounting because you know the depth of the corruption in the city: police and the mayor often collaborate with local drug traffickers. You comfort yourself, remembering that your son or brother was with a large crowd. As the days pass, however, you realize that they weren’t taken into custody by the police; your son or brother has vanished. Two, then three, years pass, and you’re told that it’s too dangerous to keep looking, because “important” people were involved—the mayor, in fact, may have ordered local drug traffickers to kidnap the demonstrators.
-Rurik

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The New Face of Crime

1. Mad Jack says:

Commercial media won’t cover any of these areas or events. For one thing, they value their lives too much. For another, their employers won’t furnish them with sufficient bodyguards, weapons and ammo.

My cousin, Lord help us all, works for Human Rights Watch and just returned from a third world country. She was there ostensibly covering LGBT abuses, but by the time she got back she’d change her mind about a few things.

She, by the way, has been confused for a while. She ostensibly belongs to the LEFT!!! and can spout the ideology with the best of them, but then she hangs out with me and Big Mike. She also goes to the range with us.

2. Bad_Brad says:

That could be Yreka Ca. Crazy shit going on up there with LE and the growers.

3. FaCubeItches says:

Why it’s almost as if Big Crime, Big Government, and Big Business had a meeting and said: “Yanno, if we all work together….”

• Sanders says:

In the early 90’s folks were talking about this and others said it was just crazy talk, but when you see gangbangers moving into once quiet neighborhoods, where the houses and apartment complexes have been turned into “Section 8” rental homes, it sure got people to wondering. A lot of guns were sold during that time. I still remember one old guy shooting down a gangbanger in the street a block from my house in Tucson with a .38 revolver. None of the neighbors saw nuthin’. Old guy was not prosecuted.

Another night, I was up late and heard some gun shots, then someone ran past my window about 30 seconds later. About 5 minutes later, a police helicopter was circling overhead with his spotlight and cops were driving all around with their spotlights. Nobody got shot, but it was reported as a drug deal gone bad.

• james says:

sounds right

4. H says:

Plata o plomo (take my silver or I’ll give you my lead).

5. Butch says: