This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I bet his last words after tying that load down was “Yeah, that tractor ain’t going nowhere”

1. Macumazahn says:

To be fair, tractor is still attached to trailer.
    Trailer attached to truck – not so much.

2. Skipperdaddy says:

“I’ve hauled it like that a thousand times”

3. Joe Mama says:

Shit, I remember renting a little cement mixer in Vacaville and towing it home down I 80. Next thing I know I see the bucket going past me. Bolt had come loose. Scared the crap out of me.

4. Rick says:

Truth is stranger than fiction. I want to know how that trailer came to stand up like that. Accidents are usually a roll over when the wheels leave the roadbed.

5. millerized says:

Had he rested the bucket on the tongue instead of inside the trailer, he’d probably have been OK. I do it regularly with the Ranger and the Kubota, and no issues even coming down hills.

6. bart simpsonson says:

It was probably tongue-light. Where’s the axle? Never mind, I see the hub/brake drum (HAH!). It was definitely tongue-light gauging by the axle location. Millerized is right……

7. Kapt Kaos says:

At least he got his chains on there tight. I think next time he should use a bigger trailer.

8. B says:

Yup, tongue light and it finally broke the keeper on the hitch.

Looking at it, I’d have backed it on, then it would have been better balanced.

I bet it was a wiggly bitch at speed even before it broke free.

9. Jeremy says:

I used to regularly haul a small backhoe. I would back it on the trailer, bucket over the ramps to haul it. I got it from a rental store after a renter hauled it bucket forward and didn’t quite make it to his destination. ROPS was bent, bucket tweeked, and one rear hub busted. Ran it for five years then stupidly loaned it to a friend who then hauled it bucket forward. He made it less than a half mile. When it rolled the second time, the receiver split off the ball so his truck survived. Sadly, the backhoe was ruined as the second crash split the transmission. Trailer was totaled as well.

10. somedude says:

somehow I’m thinking 75+mph did not help.

Play nice.