Touchy, ain’t he?

A meteorologist for Fox 45 in Dayton, Ohio snapped at viewers who complained on social media about a tornado warning that interrupted Monday night’s broadcast of “The Bachelorette,” saying that the cutaway was due to a “dangerous situation.”

“I was just checking social media, we have viewers complaining already. ‘Just go back to the show.’ No, we’re not going back to the show, folks. This is a dangerous situation, okay,” Jamie Simpson said during the live broadcast.
MORE/VIDEO

This entry was posted in You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Touchy, ain’t he?

1. Annie says:

And it was a seriously dangerous situation. People I grew up with have lost everything. Glad I’m safe in Texas.

2. Jeremy says:

What the networks should do is pause the program while the weather events are handled then resume once they are past. If they can do it for felons playing football, they can do it for this.

• Heathen says:

It wouldn’t matter if they did that or not. Someone will bitch either way.

Besides FUCK television programming. Ain’t a damned thing on that I want to watch .

• the other other Andrew says:

No, the networks shouldn’t pause. Fuck that. Lives are more important than some stupid program.

And I hate that the networks have mandated putting in so many breaks into a sportsmoneyball show that all of them now regularly run over.

It’s to the point that I’ve stopped recording (I don’t watch live tv) even shows I like if they are going to be screwed up by sportsmoneyball.

Fuckit. If someone is so stupid as to want to watch propaganda over a life-saving emergency broadcast, well, let them DIE!

• Daryl says:

It was THE BACHELORETTE. I would rather watch a test pattern than fucking shows like that.

3. Ogrrre says:

I thought the meteorologist was extremely mild with the fuckwads. He should have told them they will absolutely live if they miss part of The Bachelorette, or The Bachelor, or any other such show, but they could DIE, without their breaking in with tornado warnings. He should also have told them if their life is that pathetic, they should just eat a bullet, and increase the average IQ of their community.

• As much as I agree with you, may I introduce you to the “temptation/action filter”?

Alternately, I think of it as the “thought/speech filter”.

My general principle is the more I think, “That SOB really, really needs to hear this!”, the less likely is it that (a) the SOB in question will benefit from my insights, nor (b) that I will like the consequences of that sharing.

That filter kept me employed, a time or two!

4. RosalindJ says:

They want to bitch about missing some TeeVee while there’s catastrophically bad weather going on?
    I say it makes the case for removing the warning labels in general, and letting things sort themselves that much stronger.