Why we need Alpha Males

My colleague, Annie Holmquist, discovered some statistics about the decline in masculinity that have troubled me since the moment I looked over them. Here’s the key part of her piece:

“In recent years, a mildly trending topic of discussion has been the question, ‘Where have all the men gone?’ While there are a number of theories as to the answer, a British survey just released by YouGov may shed some light on the issue.

Among other things, the survey asked participants about their impressions of the word “masculinity” and found a surprising generational gap:

This entry was posted in You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Why we need Alpha Males

1. paul b says:

it is a mystery were we have all gone. could be we don’t do online polls? or hang out where we are not welcome?

2. SgtBob says:

We who read and respond here know there are wolves, sheep and sheepdogs. My three children and I total 61 years (and climbing) wearing the uniform. Neither the men nor the women in my family have a problem with masculinity or femininity. Lest we be considered uneducated biffs, we total five bachelor’s degrees, one master’s and two additional graduate school completions. We also have four Iraq deployments, two Afghanistans, five to another desert location and one Vietnam. We know where we stand.

3. DCE says:

I think a lot of alpha males have decided to become grey men, disappearing in plain sight because they get tired of dealing with the constant barrage of Third Wave Feminist bulls**t. It’s tiring and eventually even the strongest need a break.

• M. Sage says:

Pretty much where I’ve been for years. I started by checking out from dating because I got sick of entitled women who all think they’re a princess. Years later, people started calling it MGTOW. It’s slowly crept into the rest of my social life. At this point I only have a couple of actual friends and a very few family members that I keep close with. Everybody else is arms length or further.

Watching society rot, watching it cast aside everything good and replace it with weakness, greed and degeneracy, all I can do is sit back and wait for the inevitible collapse so I can enjoy it.

The term people have for that attitude is “black-pilled.”

• mrgarabaldi says:

Yep, women wants guys to have a steady job, house, car, looks, money…and what do they bring to the relationship? Another guys kid…

4. Nemo says:

This confusion is what you get when you allow the public school system to indoctrinate impressionable young minds with false gender equality and non gender propaganda on a daily basis for at least 18 years.

Its been going on for at least two generations, intensifying its level of false information, as each new kindergarten class is formed.

Brought to you by the Phd in Education “experts”, who really don’t know shit from shinola about educating any one. Evidence? The “new math”, doing away with phonics, spelling lessons and the culmination: common core.

• Mike_C says:

the culmination: common core

Oh, David Coleman (principal architect of Common Core, though not a PhD) is hardly done. Coleman is the man behind the new “adversity score” on the SATs. You know, the double-secret probation thing where members of the low-performing victim classes get extra points, but just how that weighting works is hidden from the public.

But don’t feel bad for the high-performing victims. The new regime has got their backs too. Traditionally the verbal and math parts of the SAT were more “orthogonal” than the new version. In other words, someone good at math but less good at English could do well on the math portion. The new SAT relies more on story problems than straight math and geometry, so you have to have more verbal skills to do well on math.

So which higher-IQ minority group tends to have high math but lower verbal skills? And what high-IQ minority (minority when advantageous, that is) group tends to have high verbal skills? I have no idea. It’s a complete mystery to me, but I’m just tossing it out there.

Apropos of nothing, elite schools used to be WASP bastions, then another group took over, and now the Asians are muscling in. If only there were some way of disadvantaging the Asians without making it obvious. If only, but what could that method be? Hmmmmm.

• daddy-o says:

As for the asian thing, just tell your daughter that they are hung like my thumb

• Bacon says:

Not that you named any groups Mike, but if you think that Asians, especially Chinese, are somehow naturally “high math but lower verbal skills” then you simply haven’t paid enough attention to Asian history. For example, if you examine the complexity of ancient Chinese poetry, the only logical conclusion is that they once had some of the highest verbal and literary skills in the world.

As for the current appearance of high math, lower verbal skills, they can be explained entirely by modern socio-cultural factors (a.k.a. fucking commies), the same sort of factors that led to the disproportionate supply of Russian physicists, athletes, and chess players. When up is the only way out, competition increases and self-discipline becomes a matter of survival.

5. Steve says:

SgtBob, I would like to give ya a oorah, or whatever grunt of approval you would accept from a civilian.

Steve

6. fjord says:

Alpha males in the younger generation ( 15-25)

Are in very short supply. This is why my daughters dont date.

• wes says:

We have the same dynamic here as well, only on both sides of the gender issue. My daughters can’t find anyone to even consider going on a date with and both my son’s face the same issue from the other side of the coin.

Decent young men and women are in short supply out here where the pop/den is 5 people/sq.mi and it’s only worse in the blue hives.

They tend to get discouraged and I joke about starting a match making website for young folks that hold their values but they get all over me about that idea.

wes
      wtdb

• WestcoastDeplorable says:

My niece who’s 18 and good-looking, finally found a boyfriend. Waaaay too many triggered snowflakes out there.

• Bacon says:

We tend to take the idea of dating for granted, but historically, the concept of dating is a relatively recent phenomenon. It isn’t necessarily a “normal human behavior”. If you examine the history, you’ll find that the concept has lib/prog origins.

7. Angel says:

I hug Alphas.

• Bacon says:

For a hug from you, dear Angel, there’s little doubt that even the most adamant MGTOW Alphas would line up at the door.

8. Sanders says:

I know if anything happens to my wife, I won’t be joining in on the dating scene. After seeing what my cousin went through looking for another woman after his divorce, I want nothing to do with the insanity out there.

Although, reading about how younger women can’t find decent men, and how they want a stable man with a career, means they will have to look to older men. Pretty much like the hot Russian babes have to, if they want a decent husband.

This very well could be an older man’s paradise of younger women in the very near future. I also read recently that the younger generation is the most conservative in years. That means an older guy could probably start a family with the younger gal and expect her to stay home and raise the kids without protest.

• Ergo Slugg says:

Well, I don’t plan to start a(nother) family, but I lucked out along the lines that you suggest. After a twenty year military career, with my kids finally into adulthood, I ended my dead marriage. Five years ago, in my mid-fifties, I started living the life that I wanted to, including learning to ride a motorcycle and other pursuits. Incredibly, a couple years later, a woman more than a decade and a half younger than me, a cutie who is the nicest woman I’ve every known, took a shine to me (no, I’m not rich). This despite my clearly expressed absolute unwillingness to ever marry again (a trip through the meat grinder of the divorce “process” will do that to you). Three years on, and it’s still working for us.

Researching The Red Pill and MGTOW lead me to understand the nature of women. I didn’t need to “act” Alpha – – my military experience and other credentials make that clear to anyone who knows how & what to see, but I came to better understand the falsehoods of The Blue Pill lies and the delusion that I’d been laboring under, trying to “make” my wife happy (like you can “make” anyone else happy when they choose not to be in order to manipulate others into following THEIR agenda).

Although I will always be the center of my focus, I’m very considerate and polite to my lady, and treat her darn well, but I’m no longer a blue-pilled fool about it.

She’s also not the only younger woman who has expressed interest in dating me (but I’m quite happy with her, so I’m not tempted).

I think your “older man’s paradise” comment is very accurate and prophetic. Feminism betrayed women with a false narrative of how their lives could be fulfilling with out children by having a great career, as a “strong independent woman”. But instead, more and more women are discovering that the blind alley they followed through feminism isn’t a fulfilling life.