Yet another butt-fucking for Californians

The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) wants to remind hunters that beginning July 1, 2019, nonlead ammunition will be required when taking wildlife with a firearm anywhere in California.

CDFW strongly recommends that hunters acquire and practice with nonlead ammunition well before heading afield, particularly in advance of upcoming big game seasons, to make sure rifles are sighted in and to understand how their firearms perform with nonlead ammunition.
-Elmo

*****

Sonofabitch, I’m so glad I left that state. Between ammo and gun restrictions, they’re steadily advancing their goals of disarming the public – quick enough to get it done but slowly enough that the citizenry accepts it.
I mean, it’s just one more law, right? And if you don’t hunt, it doesn’t really affect you, right?
Riiight…

This entry was posted in California, Hunting. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Yet another butt-fucking for Californians

1. Bad_Brad says:

But yet you can spray the hillside with lead if you’re just target shooting.

2. Forestar says:

Hit ‘em back where it hurts most — in the wallet. Don’t buy hunting or fishing licenses. Let wildlife populations go unchecked for a few years and the CDFW will be begging hunters to hunt.

• crazyeighter says:

More likely, they’ll hire “professional” hunters to go after the “wildlife pests” and pay them a premium. (Out of your license fees.)

3. Unclezip says:

Oregone is right on their tail. Hell, I just paid $41 for a fishing license, and the fishing manual,, written by escaped Californians, is thick enough to beat a bureaucrat. Every stream, rivulet, pond, and puddle has different take limits and seasons, it seems. They are trying their best to kill off all hunting and fishing, and just keep us out of “their” wilderness areas.

Burn this motherfucker down, and let the flames rush South.

• tallow pot says:

It’s the same all up & down the left coast.

• enn ess says:

In orry-gone I’m surprised the DOE isn’t also involved, you know cause you can’t collect rainwater anymore cause it might affect navigable waters. Meaning those of course that arr navigable by a f**ing rubber tub ducky…… Time for the flames to begin……..

4. Will says:

I’ve lost track of all the dumb gun-related laws CA has passed recently but am pretty sure to even buy ammo in this state you have to register for it. I’m sure most folks are just driving over the border to NV or AZ for their ammo supplies now.

• RHT447 says:

It is insane. Here’s just what I can remember–

Need ammo license to buy ammo.
      Can only buy ammo from licensed ammo vendor.
      Private party sale of more than 500 rounds must be face to face through licensed ammo vendor.

” I’m sure most folks are just driving over the border to NV or AZ for their ammo supplies now.”

To be sure. However, that is now a crime under Kalifornia law. All ammo coming into the state (online sales, whatever) must go to a licensed vendor for transfer to purchaser.

5. Can you still take a red breasted Communist sapsucker with lead?
    /s

6. censusdesignatedplace says:

I’m out. Not renewing hunting license or tags. Haven’t even bought our fishing licenses at close to $50 each and the year’s almost half over. Why feed the beast that hates me. Drew a premium deer zone last year and being retired thought going up weekdays I’d be alone. Nope. Rife with hikers, mountain bikers, ATV’s, forest service clearing crews etc…
    The few hunters I met we were all of the same opinion-where’s the deer at this year?
    I did see bear cub prints crossed my path while returning to the truck. That put a little spring in my step!
    I forgot to mention that you will be fined for not filling out a form reporting hunting success or failure.

7. the other other Andrew says:

So, since agg assault has been decriminalized, can they now charge shooters with poaching humans with illegal ammunition and without a tag or license and outside of allowed areas?

Still waiting for the big one. Or for the 9th Circuit to finally swing right and for RBGinsberg to be declared dead.

8. WestcoastDeplorable says:

Just another way to fuck gun owners. And what’s with this “background check” bullshit in order to buy ammo in CA?

9. Daryl says:

I wonder how a mercury filled copper slug would perform.

10. =TW= says:

On a similar note: Got a notice in the mail yesterday, it’s time to renew my drivers License.
    There are two options:

Note “Real ID” is required to purchase a firearm.

11. stine says:

Why stop there, surely depleted uranium would be better, ballistically….