I can’t believe they’re serious about this

(CNN) — A House panel will hold a hearing next week on the topic of reparations for slavery.

The House Judiciary Committee’s subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties is set to hold a hearing June 19 on legislation that would establish a commission to study the consequences and impacts of slavery and make recommendations for reparations proposals. The hearing is titled “H.R. 40 and the Path to Restorative Justice.”

This entry was posted in Liberals, Politics, Race, WTF?, You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to I can’t believe they’re serious about this

1. H says:

Danny Glover is scheduled to “testify,” not sure why, everybody knows on which side of the commie fence he stands. If something comes up maybe he could get John Dean to stand in for him.

• rayvet says:

How’s Danny’s BFF Chavez doing these days? He and Sean Penn took turns blowing that guy back when he was in power. I wish someone would take out the two of them at the same time for the sole reason of karma.

• FaCubeItches says:

Actually saw Sean Penn walking around my neighborhood (no idea why) a few months ago. From the looks of the guy, he’s doing a good job taking himself out.

2. Flight-ER-Doc says:

I haven’t owned any slaves…

They haven’t picked any cotton….

• Don in Oregon says:

And 25% of my ancestors arrived here since slavery was abolished, so I get a discount anyway.

3. JFM says:

Paternal great-great-grandfather fought for the Union in the Civil War. I think that’s more than enough.

• Don in Oregon says:

Ditto, except it was my great-grandfather. And none of my people ever lived in slave states.

4. Marach says:

Just out of curiosity, does this mean that all the welfare benefits collected from descendants of slaves will be returned?

• Some Chinese Guy says:

Not in their eyes, the last few decades of welfare, affirmative action, and all that other stuff is just an appetizer for what real reparations would look like. Ever hear some black person talk about “400 years of oppresion” they really mean it, some of them want Americans to fall on their knees and spend the next 400 years apologizing for slavery and every little or big problem in the black community.

5. Cederq says:

I am going to insist that my got-damned Irish Fore-bearers get their due too! I even have documented proof my Irish ancestors were indentured servants which is a polite term meaning slave. I want my reparations too for their mistreatment, abuse and malnourished lives

6. crazyeighter says:

Campaign and fundraising fodder for 2020; even Nancy P isn’t stupid enough to think this will pass.

Even if it does, as Neal Boortz was fond of saying, “In six months all the money will be back where it started.”

7. censusdesignatedplace says:

“…and the fillings out of your fucking teeth are next”

8. Nemo says:

All of the slaves who were freed by Lincoln in 1863 raise your hands to get your reparations.

9. nonncom says:

All of you current minorities listen up…you were never slaves and I never owned one….get a life apart from sucking off the taxpayers….

10. De Oppresso Liber says:

One would think they’d be grateful for getting the work experience…..unlike today.

11. Mac Mcgovern says:

Let it be on a first come first serve basis as in who were slaves first. Please send the checks to the O’Connors from VA

12. SgtBob says:

Hearing on June 19, or Juneteenth. Other states and locales culturally appropriated Juneteenth. It’s a Texas thang. Leave it be.

• FaCubeItches says:

Fletch: You ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?
      Calculus Entropy: Well I heard something about it, but I don’t recall exactly. It didn’t get too much publicity around these here parts.

13. Klaus says:

Really. Why not go after the ones who captured and sold them to the traders to begin with? I think not. Cops are always after the dealers ,no? Not so much the users. WTF?

14. Big Al says:

No reparations without repatriation.

15. Macumazahn says:

“Nobody gwine has ta be a slave all de time no moah! We gwine take toins, and guess whose toin it iz now!”