I swear, I thought this was satire at first

Officials at the Mullis Community Senior Center on San Juan Island in Washington state recently banned members from saying their traditional prayer and Pledge of Allegiance before lunch, forcing them to huddle in the corner around their own flag to pay tribute to American freedom.

But a subsequent crackdown to enforce the ban has reportedly resulted in members of the local American Legion arrested for trespassing with American flags, as well as reports of senior center staff roughing up elderly members who insist on reciting the pledge.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Liberals, WiscoDave, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to I swear, I thought this was satire at first

1. WoodBurner says:

Oneday circumstances such as this will be the flashpoint.

2. Unclezip says:

Went to the Fakebook page, and they’ve put up this whiny little post about telling the truth and being kind, and mean people will be banned. Heh. Likening the Pledge to a Nazi salute, to people who more than likely lived through that war, is a stoopid move.

• FaCubeItches says:

Oddly enough, at one point, the Pledge was performed with what essentially was a Nazi salute.

3. Tsgt Joe says:

Isn’t it amazing the the people quickest to sling the ephitat “nazi” are the ones most likely to behave like nazis

4. Mark-O says:

One thing I know about senior centers, as well as assisted living places like where my 92 year old dad lives, they’re still filled with people from “The Greatest Generation” and they don’t take lightly to this kind of ban.

5. WestcoastDeplorable says:

The woman is lacking in American history and should immediately be replaced.

Play nice.