Judge rules Michigan’s sex offender registry is unconstitutional

Michigan (WNEM) — The sex offender registry lets you see local offenders in your area, but everything could soon change because a U.S. district court judge ruled Michigan’s sex offender registry unconstitutional.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Judge rules Michigan’s sex offender registry is unconstitutional

1. Exile1981 says:

I think the judge is making plans for when he gets caught, so he won’t end up on it

2. Aesop says:

Fair enough.

How does he feel about folks just killing them on the spot?

Because from here on out, expect all 9-1-1 calls regarding sex offenders to be a report of where the body is.

No points for guessing which party probably appointed that robed jackhole.

3. nonncom says:

I know of at least two guys convicted for child sexual abuse who did not do it….it has become a weapon to be used for revenge or blackmail in the worst case, sometimes by an angry ex…..I know teachers accused of molesting students who were fired first, and investigated later….in these “me too” days, all it takes is a breath of accusation and you are guilty until proven innocent….You want to hand down a life sentence for these creeps proven guilty beyond a doubt, I’m fine with that….but if you are going to turn them loose, at least let them be able to live….if they strike again, well then you were wrong for ever letting them out….in closing, I have been introduced to 13 year olds who looked to be 20….good luck with that, men of the 21st century….

Remember that ‘memory suppression’ garbage that shrinks were supposedly treating back in the 80s where adults were suddenly recovering ‘memories’ of being molested as kids – which turned out to be total bullshit later on down the line?
      When that shit started popping up I saw the writing on the wall and never allowed myself to be in a position where I was alone with a child. No fucking way in the world was I was going to be accused of something like that by a mentally unstable teenager or adult.

• Padawan says:

A lot of state have ruled “repressed memory” as inadmissible in court.

• PoppaGary says:

I have had a rule about not having any other children at the house with my grandchildren or other situation if I was the only adult in the house for decades now. Heard about too many false accusations that if you can beat it cost you an arm and leg.

4. Padawan says:

Wirecutter would ban me from his site if I wrote what I think should be done to pedophiles.

• Cederq says:

Paedophiles should be strung up, their sex organs slowly carved out with an old rusty butter-knife, and have the family if so inclined stone him/she then impaled with 3/4 inch used re-bar and then have an African necklace placed and set on fire. I am not banned… and this is what being a nurse having child victims come into your ED and try to save them.

5. crazyeighter says:

But public lists of gun owners and CCW licensees is okey-dokey fine.

6. Roy says:

Stupid damn reporters. Nowhere in that story did they say why the judge ruled it unconstitutional.

I’m with nonncom here. There are too many false accusations and instances of “guilty until proven innocent.”

Proven beyond a reasonable doubt? Okay, let the punishment be harsh. But just because someone says it does not make it so. …even if that someone is a child.

7. warhorse says:

in NH, you end up on the “sex offender registry” for running the woods on the side of the highway to urinate on a tree.

this sort of thing makes the whole registry idea worthless.

Play nice.