Must be the Castle AFB airshow

This entry was posted in funny pics. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Must be the Castle AFB airshow

1. alex mason says:

It’s F.R.E.D.!

• wandering neurons says:

F.R.E.D., a.k.a. Linda. As in Linda Lovelace. Something about kneeling and opening orifices at both ends…
      If not Castle or Mather, could also be Nellis…

• Sail Man says:

Or Travis. We had a lot of C-5’s there though we usually hid under the alert KC-135’s in the SAC area.

2. censusdesignatedplace says:

Could be Mather, gets hot af out there. Thank god they sell beer at pretty reasonable prices.

3. Grandpa says:

I think that actually might have been a while back at March AFB. But the “Aluminum Overcast” shows just one more service it provides…

4. Rick says:

Could be Miramar, could be Travis, could be Hickam. Castle does have a damn good static display which features types you’ll likely not see anywhere else and an actual B-52 cockpit you can sit in.

Yup, been to the Castle AFB museum a few times. If you went on air show days, you got a guided tour if you wanted.

• Rick says:

I was a member of the museum. For $10 or $25 annually. I could show up anytime of the year (except holidays and the airshow) and get a guided tour. I would fly in with guests, the FBO had a shuttle or we could walk the 1/2 mile.

5. rocketride says:

Could as easily be Stewart Field.

6. DanB says:

How I remember as a kid going to Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, Az for air shows and open houses. Back then we stood under the wing of the B-36, B-52, even the British Vulcan swept-wing bomber. Wouldn’t let us too near the Vulcan, but I remember climbing in, on and through a few old greats over the years – the B-52, B-29, KC-130s.

7. Joe Henderson says:

My kids and I did the same thing at an Offutt AFB air show. It gets hot in Omaha in late summertime.