Sunday gifdump

This entry was posted in Gifs. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Sunday gifdump

1. Marshall says:

I work at Michelin and can verify the airless tire is the real deal. Several OEMs are very interested in this tire since you will no longer need a spare. Look for it to start showing up on new cars in the near future. Not only will flats be a thing of the past, the handling and tread life are improved as well. This is an evolution of our Tweel technology.

• warhorse says:

looks like a distant relative of the tires on the lunar rover.

• H says:

I can hardly wait, sounds like a great deal to me.

• grayman says:

I have seen and have video that is 15 to 20 years old of those tires, i figured that they would have those out long ago. They have been testing them long enough. They already have them for Bobcats

• M. Sage says:

The issue they have on cars is quieting them down. Apparently they’re horribly noisy at speed.

No need for a spare? There’s no need now. Everybody’s got a cell phone and nobody knows how to change a tire (or can’t be bothered to) anyway.

• Butch says:

I have not driven a set of these at highway speeds yet, but I have heard they ride rough as hell. When they are used on construction machinery, it’s one thing, Skid loaders and tractors can ride like a rock to begin with even on aired tires.

But if you are driving a nice comfortable sedan at 80 and your tires are feeling every spot of bad road, it won’t be a fun ride. We will see…

2. Steve S. says:

#4. There is absolutely no one in the world I would trust enough to do that.

3. TRF says:

File the 3rd one under “Escaping Nazi Shitboxes”

• The Other Jack says:

Notice the windshield was shattered by the driver’s face?
      IN a mondern car, a collision that would result in only minor injury is typically fatal in the old aircooled VWs. Best description I ever heard: “In a bug, YOU are the crumple zone.”

• Knucklehead says:

A guy I served with in Berlin got in a wreck in one of those old VWs – nearly tore his face off. He was a mess, hundreds of stitches in his face.

• mdfuller56 says:

I was in Berlin 76-78, McNair Barracks,2nd battalion – spent some time on the Berlin Brigade Drill Team – when were you there?

4. T. Rose says:

When they run those tires at the NASCAR circuit and they hold up without massive failure and massive wrecks at the super speedways, (Daytona and Talladega), I would consider them. Straight line driving is fine, but I want to see what they do under the stress of turning back and forth. I have to rotate every 2,000 miles because of the slalom driving we do in delivering papers.

5. Nels says:

Can’t wait to see how that runs when half of it is full of snow and ice, or mud.

6. Mac says:

Bit difficult to change the pressure depending on load or wether you are on sand or not

• Peter Sanders says:

I want to see the winter performance…
      With those slots full of snow, or just one half of the tire’s slots full of snow.
      We have enough trouble with variable balance due to snow/ice build up on those stupid low profile tire rims up here in the snowy north.

Play nice.