That’s what happens when you forget the mayo

JUNE 4–Unhappy with the way her McChicken sandwich was prepared, a Connecticut woman stormed a McDonald’s kitchen in an attempt to prepare her own meal, and in the process assaulted the restaurant’s pregnant manager, police charge.

According to investigators, Shannelle Hanson purchased the McChicken sandwich around 8:20 PM Friday at the drive-thru window of a McDonald’s about two miles from her home in Norwich.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to That’s what happens when you forget the mayo

1. rob says:

“Shannelle.”

Did I miss anything?

2. Brad says:

I’ve been to Norwich, nuf said…

3. censusdesignatedplace says:

Uh uh Shannelle, no you dint!

4. Steve says:

Why was I expecting someone other then a black person?

Steve

5. Bob M says:

Shannelle….. No fun playing “guess the race” with a clue that obvious…

6. Gordon says:

I went to the article to look before I made what might be considered a racist remark based on the dear young lady’s name. I was right, chimp out and get the ho’s order right next time.

7. Allison Chapman says:

Another worthless aspiring rappers ho, just another day…

8. nonncom says:

Sometimes the recent jungle experience just rears it’s ugly head….

9. Duke says:

Most people don’t know that back 1912, Hellmann’s Mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after it’s stop in New York. This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever delivered to Mexico.

But as we know, the great ship did not make it to New York. the ship hit an iceberg and sank. The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. The anguish was so great, that they. declared a National Day of Mourning.

The National Day of Morning occurs each year on May 5th and is known, of course, as – Sinko De Mayo.

• Butch says:

OK, yeah, and here’s another. Remember back in the 60’s when we were in a race into space with Russia? Does anyone know why they beat us by putting a capsule with a living dog in it up into space?
      It was because most of the crew we had in Cape Canaveral were wetbacks and when the loud speaker would call out “LAUNCH”, all the wetbacks would stop work and go grab lunch.

Batta Bing, Batta Boom

10. mrgarabaldi says:

I was gonna say “Guess the Race” but the other posters beat me to it…LOL kinda like shannelle did to the pregnant manager..

11. Mike_C says:

Saw the photo of the accused. I can say confidently that this is a woman who does not need mayonnaise. Frankly she doesn’t need fried food either, but whatever.

The manager [who Shannelle Hanson attacked] said that prior to Hanson coming behind the counter, other McDonald’s workers told her that the manager was pregnant. In a written statement, the woman added that Hanson replied that, “she had bail money and didn’t care I was pregnant. She hoped I lost my child.”

Can you imagine the shit storm that would rain down if a white person said that she hoped a black would lose her child? Oy, the hate crime! Muhgawd, muh Emmett Till! Geez. It’s not like they had a sign up saying: Plain McChicken sandwich $3.99, McChicken with mayo $14.88.

Hmm. Come to think of it, I don’t know the manager’s race. The police report saying that she suffered broken and bleeding nails from trying to fight off Hanson suggests the manager might also be black. (And aren’t there standards about nail length if you work in food service?) But Hanson’s own statement to police specifically mentioned that the woman who brought her food (which may not have been the manager) was “a white lady with blond hair”. Clearly Hanson was hyperaware of race.

@Duke: Hahaha! And +10 for working in the word “disconsolate”.

Play nice.