Class act

Forrest Gump star Gary Sinise, who played the role of Lieutenant Dan, helped more than one thousand children of fallen US soldiers go to Disney World.

The children and their surviving parents, 1,750 people in all, were able to have an enjoyable holiday experience thanks to Gary’s compassion and kindness. The children and their families are known as “Gold Star Families” as they are allowed to display a gold star after losing a parent in the Iraq war.

This entry was posted in USA. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Class act

1. warhorse says:

…and Mr. Sinise is probably embarrassed that they printed anything at all. he doesn’t do it for the recognition.

2. Brad_in_IL says:

I heard about this on a local radio station a couple months ago . . . Sinise is a CLASS ACT. He does this of his own free will, in the shadows, doesn’t seek any media attention, and doesn’t get a freaking penny for the effort. I think this qualifies him for the Good Man Badge with Oak Leaf clusters.

3. Tsquared says:

He has been doing the Disney World trip a number of years. He has also been on multiple USO tours to the middle east. He is one of the very few actors I will pay money to see their movies.

4. Cavguy says:

Gary Sinise for president!

5. Steve says:

That dude is a hero.

6. Rayvet says:

Every time you read something about this guy, he’s doing something good and righteous. I hope that someway, somehow the world pays him back and he gets all the appreciation he has shown for others in his life. I know he’s probably not likely to have a continued booming career in Hollywood because of his opinions, but I’m sure there’s plenty of folks out there that can use a guy with his kind of attitude.

7. Bacon says:

Kenny — no link to article

8. Gary Sinise is a good guy. He’s been behind the Memorial Day concerts at Washington DC and it’s the one I prefer to watch, he never has unAmerican A-Holes on who have to pretend to love America.

9. Bill says:

Gary Sinise is a great guy and a modest one that loves this country and it’s people. People like him make this country great.

10. realspark21 says:

I saw this dude while deployed. He was very down to earth and had time for all who want to meet him. He and his band also played a bunch of gigs for folks to relax and enjoy a touch of home.

11. Joe says:

You couldnt pay me enough to go to Disneyland. He should spend his money on something worthwhile, not that fake CRAP

• Roy says:

There’s always at least one.

• Bacon says:

Agree with you 100+% Joe, but the kids love that shit, and it’s all about them not about us. I learned that one the hard way back when the only thing my niece wanted was to be a disney princess and I couldn’t bring myself to spend one thin dime on that crap. She immediately forgave me and eventually grew out of that phase, but it was still an error on my part.

12. David Lawson says:

I am so glad to see that this great Nation of ours can still breed such men! Well Done Sir!!!!!!

Play nice.