Fucking up working people’s commute

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Traffic came to a standstill in Sacramento this evening as brazen drivers blocked off freeway traffic to carry out a sideshow.
MORE/VIDEO

This entry was posted in California, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Fucking up working people’s commute

1. arc says:

Drive through the fools, run a few over. For once the cops could shoot at something that isn’t a dog or kid and be justified, they may even hit their target too. Fuzz didn’t do anything but watch the show.

• FaCubeItches says:

“Fuzz didn’t do anything but watch the show.”

Anything else is both too much like work, and might prevent one or more of us from going home alive at the end of our shift. So suck it, mundanes.
      – Police spokesman

2. Jeffersonian says:

Why do we even have police?
    What are we paying for here?

• Elmo says:

If you had seen the CHP spokesman talking about this on the TV news your blood pressure would have spiked. He might as well have been saying “Nothing to see here. Get used to it. This is the new, Latino majority California”.

BTW, the CHP spokesman was Latino.

3. Wayne Wilson says:

Isn’t that called holding people hostage?

4. FaCubeItches says:

I’ll take “Justifiable Homicide” for $1,000 please, Alex.

5. Paul B says:

And people wonder why I will not go to California on a bet.

6. bogsidebunny says:

Welcome to douchebaggery America! The Chinks have a cure for this shit. Bullet to the brains.

7. censusdesignatedplace says:

Aww, dey jus needs ta ekspress deyself.

8. Rick says:

The problem is two fold. Those who halted traffic earn disapproval. Equally so, or perhaps more, are the front row of drivers who succumbed to the antics of the former. Those front row vehicles are blocking everyone else, folks like me. I would have no compunction of mowing through the thrill seeking side show. My rusting, old 4 x4 is perfect for the job.

9. tom@drum says:

Cops could have laced the road with spike belts waiting for their getaway, No?

10. tallow pot says:

Maybe it’s the conspiracy theorist in me, but with the number of interstate blocking events in the last year around the northwest, I think these things are tests or practice runs for a future main event.

• BlueMntCeltic says:

Just because you’re paranoid, doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you. So, yeah, that’s a plausible hypothesis. Just testin’ the waters.

11. Smokin'Q says:

I thought it was ridiculous when I first saw this vehicle, but now I can see where having one of these could come in really handy…

12. Aesop says:

Which will work, until some good old boy who didn’t get the memo gets out of his pickup, unshucks a thuty-thuty,and starts unloading on such assclownery.

Then you’re going to see Olympic-quality 440 hurdles, run firsthand.

That will also be the last one of those little demonstrations attempted.

Not everyone here lives on the beach, eating quiche and slurping $12 frappacrappalottamocha.

Tom Petty said it best:
    The waa-aaiting is the hardest part…

It’ll never be me. My brakes always go out if I see that happening, so I’ll be the guy on the other side, given the front-row chance, with one or two tangled in the undercarriage until whatever gets stuck gives way, some miles distant.

People here don’t stop for pedestrians in a crosswalk now, most times.
    This isn’t gong to work out like they think.

Playing in traffic hereabouts always has a short half-life.

The second time they tried it in Hollywood, and at LAX, they damn near got run over and dragged too in both places, so the cops yanked them off the streets by the hair, and it was never tried again either place.

13. Don Cornelius sr. says:

When those who are entrusted to enforce the law are enabling anarchy all bets are off when our cold civil war heats up. Im all for law and order and back the badge but ive already had my discussions with loved ones in law enforcement about what and who the enemy is.

14. WestcoastDeplorable says:

No one arrested? Why? The CHP was right there! Why didn’t he jump the median and start writing down plate #’s?

15. Jeffrey Wherry says:

I saw this for the first time after my sister posted it to her facebook-after having been stuck in that backup for hours. She was not amused.

Play nice.