“I’m sorry, so sorry – now vote for me”

Beto writes on Medium:

I was recently given documents showing that both Amy and I are descended from people who owned slaves. Along with other possessions listed in their property log were two human beings, Rose and Eliza.
A paternal great-great-great grandfather of mine, Andrew Cowan Jasper, owned these two women in the 1850s. There are also records showing that a maternal great-great-great grandfather, Frederick Williams, most likely owned slaves in the 1860s…
I benefit from a system that my ancestors built to favor themselves at the expense of others. That only increases the urgency I feel to help change this country so that it works for those who have been locked-out of — or locked-up in — this system.

FROM HERE

This entry was posted in Liberals, Politics, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to “I’m sorry, so sorry – now vote for me”

1. Chris Mallory says:

Beto benefits more from marrying a woman with a daddy worth $500 million dollars than from his great great granddaddy owning a couple house slaves.

2. Kevin Kunz says:

Vote for me so that I can have a whole country of taxpayers supporting my lifestyle for the rest of my life.
    Slavery is still with us.

3. JamesD says:

I think we have here a volunteer to help pay for reparations. Don’t understand how he thinks he benefited from something almost 200 years ago unless he inherited a large sum of money that was directly connected to slavery and I highly doubt that is even possible.

4. FaCubeItches says:

Aw look, someone just volunteered to start making reparations payments.

5. Roadgeek says:

Beto’s family has a shit ton of money; wonder how much they’ll be chipping in for reparations.

• crazyeighter says:

If they’ve got any sense, they’re writing his ass out of the will right now.

6. Kurt says:

Meh. What a piker. One of my G-G-G-(etc)Grandsombodies owned 11 slaves according to the Census I found doing family genealogy research. Am I responsible for that or for “reparations” to anyone because of it? Do I owe anyone an apology? Nope. Well before my time. Slavery is a despicable practice that should be eradicated. Maybe Robert Francis could quit politics and dedicate his time/effort into doing so. But that would mean leaving his cushy lifestyle and trophy wife behind, and going to Africa or the Middle East to take care of bidness.

7. AZDesertRat says:

The blacks would never vote for him. And his pitiful whining and groveling makes decent whites disgusted by him. What a worthless creature.

8. Guairdean says:

You’ll notice that he didn’t offer to make financial reparations to any of the descendants of his ancestors slaves.

9. Gryphon says:

Mechanization of Agriculture eliminated the Economic Basis of Slavery. Now, if we could just stop Paying the Descendants of Slaves (and the self-importing illiterate laborers) to Breed like Rats and stay on Welfare, we would be headed in the right Direction…

10. STW says:

I told my most-likely-to-be-horrified sister that our 4th great grandparents owned slaves. She reacted and then nothing happened. The house still needed picking up. The children still needed to be fed. The bills still needed to be paid. 170 years later it didn’t mean anything. It still won’t mean anything tomorrow. (A different 4GGF fought at Lexington-Concord in 1775. That doesn’t get me anything either.)

• FaCubeItches says:

“(A different 4GGF fought at Lexington-Concord in 1775. That doesn’t get me anything either.)”

Well, if he fought against His Majesty’s forces, it gets you a nice Bill of Attainder from the Crown.

11. Trib says:

so now he will claim he is mexican, black, and racist white. He belongs in California, not Texas.

12. Scott Doe says:

Wouldn’t it be nice if the naacp filed a civil suit against him and amy for 500 million dollars

13. Weso Phuct says:

Kill yourself, Beto. It’s the right thing to do.

14. Sanders says:

600,000 dead. Reparations paid in full.

15. Sarthurk says:

Wiat just one Fuckin minute. Yesterday I saw a headline read that O’Roarke claimed that he and his wife were descendants of Irish slaves. So which is it? These assholes are apparently born to fuk up and lie and yet the ignorant masses believe this shit?

16. rocketride says:

So, now we can call him ‘Master Beto’.

17. rocketride says:

So, let me get this straight– the Democrook primary has devolved into a contest over whose ancestors owned more slaves. I guess that could be an actual qualification for the leader of the party of slavery, ‘Jim Crow’, etc. which wants to enslave us all.

Play nice.