Calling Dems ‘Clowns’ Is White Supremacist Slur

The Democratic candidate for next month’s North Carolina House special election shared an article Monday accusing his opponent of using “clown” as an anti-Semitic dog whistle based on an obscure alt-right meme.

This entry was posted in Politics, Snowflakes. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Calling Dems ‘Clowns’ Is White Supremacist Slur

1. Sanders says:

Cartoon frogs are white supremacist, too. Cartoon frogs dressed up as clowns is way over the top!

2. M. Sage says:

“Clown World” is an obscure meme? Not with the people I know. Then again, it’s not alt-right or any of that other stuff they said.

Honk honk.

3. Roger says:

Calling the current crop of dimocrats ‘Clowns’ is not just an understatement but a serious slander of real clowns. Real clowns perform & bring laughter and happiness to their audience. Political clowns do nothing but denigrate and destroy American culture.

4. TwoDogs says:

Is “fucking clowns” OK ?

5. Plankton67 says:

If the clown shoe fits, wear it.

6. Unclezip says:

Fredo is a clown…

• Uncle Zip: WIN! And, Fredo is STOOOPID!

• Elmo says:

Speaking of clowns, I see Kate Brown just signed the law to make Oregon a cage-free egg state. Congratulations, Zip!

• Unclezip says:

‘sok. I get my eggs from down the road, from free range chikins. They cut me off for awhile a few years ago when one of their roosters saw my truck coming down the road, looked back at the flock and said “c’mon, girls!”. Killed half a dozen, including the rooster, before I could react.

Oh – and fuck Kate Brown.

7. SgtBob says:

Accepted speech: Yes, I am running against the Democratic candidate. No, I cannot identify my party. No, I cannot talk about my platform. No, I cannot mention why I am running against the Democratic candidate. No, I cannot say anything about what I might or might not do if elected.

8. Mike_C says:

Be careful folks. You overused the “racist” accusation to the point where even normies are noticing out loud, with an eyeroll that “everything is racist”. The word “racist” has lost its power. Keep calling everything that you don’t like “anti-Semitic” and that’s next. David Nir (of the Daily Kos, see linked article), as the child of actual Holocaust survivor Yehuda Nir, of all people should get the importance of that. Besides, the whole Honkler/Clown-Pepe thing is an elaborate troll anyway.

Now, is there irrational Jew-hatred out there? Yes, there is. And needless to say, it is not a good thing. So save the term for when you really need it. Just as with “racism” (though it’s too late for that), don’t be always crying wolf. And don’t demand that each of us act as if we personally are guilty of heinous acts that were perpetrated by persons we never knew, years before the vast majority of us were born.

As to “Hate Speech” legislation with severe penalties, be it “hate” against Jews, or blacks, or homosexuals, or whatever. Well, that’s how you get Nazis. Which frankly would suit a few very opportunistic people just fine, because they derive their wealth, power, and influence from peddling the victimhood narrative. Gotta have a few actual frothing nutbags to keep the stories in the news cycle. Just ask Al or Jesse, for example.

• crazyeighter says:

Beg to differ; the lunatic fringe of the Democrat party has realized “racist” has lost its mojo. The new term is “white supremacist” because it has more syllables and is thus more powerful. Also automatically applies to all whites, regardless of political orientation.

• Bacon says:

Why would David Nir get the importance of anything? He writes for the Daily Kos.

9. Allen says:

And that particular clown will probably be my next congressmen.

10. rightwingterrorist says:

Honk!

11. Miles Long says:

So I guess calling them load-face twats is out of the question?

Play nice.